Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: marketing & route demand issues  (Read 1048 times)

Offline eleritz

• Members
marketing & route demand issues
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
hi everybody

since i'm a beginner here, just a couple of issues i can't find answer for in the help section.

1. is it possible to create demand on a route which says "demand non-existent"? i'm trying to do it now on one of my routes and to no effect (virtually zero passengers in spite of quite heavy and costly marketing)

2. if i open a  marketing campaign from my base to, say, paris charles de gaulle, does it mean that when i open a route to paris orly it benefits from this marketing campaign (i guess not but trying to make sure)

3. is airport info supposed to be real? i thought so, but i've just found out that Manaus, Brazil has two airports in the game - MAO and PPL. the problem is that PPL ceased to perform any public operations in 1976 and has been a military airport since then. however in the game PPL is alive and kicking, almost as big as MAO (and with bigger demand on many routes). and it's 2004 now, right?

thanks for any help

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: marketing & route demand issues
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:47:42 PM »
Hello :)

1.  In the current version, you cannot create demand on a route that has none at all.  Demand can be induced a little over time when you serve a route that already has demand.  You'll also receive a few more passengers than the graphs show if you have a larger aircraft serving the route, so it's always worth putting a slightly larger aircraft than is required.

2. I'm not fully sure what you mean here, sorry.  Marketing just affects your Company Image, which in turn reflects your airlines appeal to passengers irrespective of which routes you are serving.  A route campaign to CDG will not affect the route to ORY at all.  Route marketing is pretty useless, so I'd keep clear of that, as the Route Image rises over time anyway just by flying the route.

Some useful info on marketing - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,18435.0.html
Possible future city based demand - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,3260.0.html

3. The airport information is supposed to reflect reality indeed, but of course there are times when thing slip through.  AWS is constantly under development, so if you spot something like this that you believe is inaccurate, either post something in the bug reports, or feature request thread with supporting evidence and often matters like this are amended if found to be true.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy.

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:59:21 AM »
"2. if i open a  marketing campaign from my base to, say, paris charles de gaulle, does it mean that when i open a route to paris orly it benefits from this marketing campaign (i guess not but trying to make sure) "

Yes, you are correct.

HOWEVER, do not do route marketing, everyone will tell you that. Just focus on overall general marketing. The reason is Route Marketing affects ROUTE IMAGE, and Route Image will increase to 100% over time NO MATTER WHAT!

Offline eleritz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »
hi guys

thank you very much for your advice and links. it helped me a lot:-)

Daemus

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:48:20 AM »
HOWEVER, do not do route marketing, everyone will tell you that. Just focus on overall general marketing. The reason is Route Marketing affects ROUTE IMAGE, and Route Image will increase to 100% over time NO MATTER WHAT!

I agree in it being a generally big waste of money but I have found a few situations where I like to use it. My advice is to mess around with it a bit and come to your own conclusions about whether it can be useful or is just a big waste.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.