Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Harder than previous games  (Read 3247 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Harder than previous games
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
far too many people operate in a cash poor state.  It takes down a good many airlines.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
Yes, but still difficult to tell from the airline info pages. Just scrolled through a bit and found it very difficult to predict the actual cash state from order queues and transported pax.

Denis

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:01 PM »
I gave up on the used market, I haven't even looked at it in 6 months game time. All new baby.
No replacement for displacement

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »
I didn't know you could do that! :P

Men

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »
Many of used aircraft comes when I used all of my money on new aircraft and it's come when it's 00.00 AM in my local time. :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:13:34 PM by Men »

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »
That's easy for you to say. I have only one 54 seat prop because that's all that's available in the desert that is the used aircraft market. I think I might just leave the game and wait till every other airline is fat and then eat away at them with a healthy market later on.

Leaving a game because there are no planes you can lease is a sign of weakness.  A species that doesn't adapt... dies. So does an airline. Do you really think I'm happy flying 8 Fokker F28's?  No... I'm not. But they do their job, earn a small profit, secure the slots, get the route image up and allow me to order factory new tubes.

Those F28's will be phased out as soon as my Embrears 170's can be introduced. My F100's will be replaced by Embrear 195's. And in the end I will only have 2 fleet groups. And it remains to be seen if I keep the Dash 8's... I can replace those by Embrear's as well... and then I just got 1 fleet group.

By sticking to a small fleet and utilizing it to he maximum, you can play a very aggressive game and force the competition out. There is 1 competing airline at my base.... and we made firm agreements NOT to hinder each other and stay out of each other routes. He plays a international game... I just want to be the biggest domestic airline in the UK.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:23:26 PM by Maarten Otto »

Offline Ricieri

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:39 AM »

Every begginning is complicated, you have to make a decision and only in game time you'll see if the decision was good or not. And it's make the game real. If a real airliner get start today, tha fleet will be new 737 ou A320? I believe not because the backlog order is very busy, so they gat a used market plane and after get some news airplane

Here is the same, in the start we need a plane to secure the slots, get some earning, improve the route image. What is the fun if everyone here starts with a lot of money and get news 737 and A320?? The beginning of the game is importante because it will set the future of the airline.

That's my opinion guys

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 12:53:01 AM »
A big difference between ths scenario and previous ATB scenario covering roughly the same time period is that there is no 737-300/400/500 line and MD production line.  So there will be even more demand for 320 and 737NG lines...

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
Which makes it more interesting... and a bit harder perhaps.

Come on guys... your not puppy's are you... Enjoy the limitations of this game and board this roller-coaster on it's rough ride to 2020.

And if you fail.... so what? You have four chances in this game... four. Going bust is GOOD for your skills.

Offline Pepto

• Members
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 08:46:11 AM »
Yes that is true what Maarten Otto said. It is the most interesting part to solve all the problems: with slots, with planes, with strategies etc It can be frustriating to see no new planes till end of 2006 but, that is like in life. It is AirwaySim not AirwayArcade where all can be winners ;)

Terrence Klaverweide

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 02:57:40 AM »
It's not difficult.. I played Beginners world for a (game) year (2,5 weeks?) and then switched to MT3. One and a half year in the game and I am already bored, with a fleet of 30 and another 50 on the way... More than half being factory new 332, 333's, 772ER's and 773's, complimented with about 15 second hand 767's.. The other half being spanking new E175, 195, and 320 family jets.

You know what the trick is? Find yourself a nice base, which you don't have to share with 3837 other operators and you'll be fine.. Obviously my base is not big enough to ever have 300 planes and double the amount of route, but I'll have fun with my 70-odd fleet. The other trick is to lease, lease, lease whatever you can get your hands on, borrow, borrow, borrow whatever money the bank will lend you. No need to save your own and having to wait, while you save enough money whilst the rest of the world is filling the production lines at Toulouse and Boeing field. Worry about replacing old crappy planes and repaying your loans later.

But hey, who am I to talk? I probably don't know anything... (I heard stuff about fuel prices going past 1000 later on in the game?)...

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 03:11:23 AM »
yea, in AirTravel boom, fuel prices hit above 1000 with a peak at 1300. That's when fuel became the #1 expense.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.