Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Harder than previous games  (Read 3246 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Harder than previous games
« on: October 17, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
Is anyone finding this harder than previous games?

Offline mtnlion

• Members
Re: Harder than previous games
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:07:16 AM »
I am but only because I haven't had any luck in the used market.  ;D

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:53 AM »
Nope, not really. ;D
And I even operate an all-Russian fleet.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »
Nope... It all comes to good decisions at the start, and sticking to them... even if that includes waiting a long time.

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
Nope... It all comes to good decisions at the start, and sticking to them... even if that includes waiting a long time.

I agree, set out a strategy and stick to it, no matter how tempted you are to get that 747 100........

Dan
Dantes Air

Online raptorva

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »
That's easy for you to say. I have only one 54 seat prop because that's all that's available in the desert that is the used aircraft market. I think I might just leave the game and wait till every other airline is fat and then eat away at them with a healthy market later on.

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
That's easy for you to say. I have only one 54 seat prop because that's all that's available in the desert that is the used aircraft market. I think I might just leave the game and wait till every other airline is fat and then eat away at them with a healthy market later on.

Yes it is easy for me to say coz
1. I started the game from from day 1
2. I picked the right strategy
= A lot of profit

Dan
Dantes Air

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
At the moment there are 3 747s, 3 737 and who knows what else at the used aircraft market...  ;)

Online raptorva

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
I started on Day 1 too with a strategy that worked only I got destroyed by all my MD's going into C checks at once and my 767's dropping from making 800,000+ to barely 100,000 (even without the leases being payed yet)

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
I started on Day 1 too with a strategy that worked only I got destroyed by all my MD's going into C checks at once and my 767's dropping from making 800,000+ to barely 100,000 (even without the leases being payed yet)

Ok, so you did join the game at day 1 but you picked the wrong aircraft. At the moment most of my aircarft are doing c checks and it is a pain but I still make very good profits = pick the right strategy/aircraft.

Dan

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
Yes it is easy for me to say coz
1. I started the game from from day 1
2. I picked the right strategy
= A lot of profit

Dan
Dantes Air

Easy to get a good start when starting in the big airports and just doing a lot of long haul ;)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
I started at a relatively small airport doing SH (<1200NM), though with 747. The plane averaged some 800k/week profit. So it's not all about big airports or long routes (though long routes do give more profit with big aircraft). And, at big airports there's lots of competition.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »
And don't forget the deliberate part of the strategy, as you take a look at what your main competitors are doing and then decide which way you will fly and how you may gain an edge over them. And you may also break this down to a/c availability versus efficiency when setting up your ordering queue.

Denis

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
This "start + 0-3 years" is always the hardest part in my mind, due to limited equipment.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »
I personally find fleet commonality costs much harder than in previous games.
There is a hefty an upcharge for each additional aicraft type which goes for all your existing types - which does not make much sense for me... Would technicians start costing more (get a payrise? ::)) just because their airline bought a new type of aircraft?

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »
I personally find fleet commonality costs much harder than in previous games.
There is a hefty an upcharge for each additional aicraft type which goes for all your existing types - which does not make much sense for me... Would technicians start costing more (get a payrise? ::)) just because their airline bought a new type of aircraft?
You need to 1.) have enough technicians for each flet type
                 2.) train the new types to the engineers (and with expertise, comes a higher level of knowledge -> higher salary)
                 3.) buy lots more of each part (with all-airbus, you only need some 5 spareparts of a kind, but with 3 different models you need 3*5 each part = 15 each part).
Just to name a few things...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
I'm in so deep I don't know if I can get out. C Checks came one right after the other. I saw a post somewhere that said maybe one should get some TU-154's and start over (HALF kidding. I actually gave it some thought.) :laugh:
P.S. Got my first bankruptcy warning. Prices are at default while C checks are going on. This is gonna be tricky.

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 08:13:54 PM »
I'm in so deep I don't know if I can get out. C Checks came one right after the other. I saw a post somewhere that said maybe one should get some TU-154's and start over (HALF kidding. I actually gave it some thought.) :laugh:
P.S. Got my first bankruptcy warning. Prices are at default while C checks are going on. This is gonna be tricky.

I have to admit I thought ahead on this, bearing in mind the lack of available aircraft, and ran some C-checks early to spread them out a bit and keep the revenue stream up.

MD

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
I had my first C check on a 747 2 weeks after I got my 2nd plane  8)
The transported passengers graph makes an M at that point  ;D

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
Yes, it may make indeed sense to manually setup early C-checks in order to flatten out the cash curve.

Denis

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.