Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How is this possible?  (Read 1338 times)

mfpoulsen

• Former member
How is this possible?
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
CLW Air flying out of Tokyo Haneda: At this writing moment (9 days into the game world) they have a fleet of 47 planes with another 25 planes on order!!

How is that possible???

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: How is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 10:25:30 PM »
The demand from HND, like many of the biggest international airports, has huge business and first class demand.  HND also has a number of incredibly high demand routes over relatively short distances. e.g. http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/RJTT/RJFF

In a nutshell, all you need to do is therefore load your aircraft with more than normal levels of C & F-class seats and watch the cash flow in.  Take out a big loans, as you've got massive profits with low levels of competition and off you go :)  You can then get orders for new aircraft in early and then move further ahead.  That's the theory anyway!

This used to happen much quicker in older versions!

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »
Thanks a mil... Will try it out...

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
Well it is just about putting your time into it start in a "big" airport with a lot of short haul routes to fill and then just sit up pressing f5, best doing it in the night when most people sleeps and then just grab up all the good an cheap planes.
And there you are having many planes in no time.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:40:28 AM »
I knew it! There IS a conspiracy to keep planes out of the hands of the U.S., Canada, Mexico for that matter. ;D
PS-Love this game but not about to do that. I like to be awake during the day. ;)

Aliens62

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:13:50 AM »
What I don,t understand is how some airlines have big fleets of aircraft with many more on oder and are Circa USD50M+ in the red. How do you get the money to order any aircraft when you have a negative cash position as when I try it says 'You don,t have enough money to order' (or something like that) and I cannot take a loan?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:05 AM »
Value of the airline is not the same as cash available.

Aliens62

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
OK, so it is true that to order aircraft you must have the required cash available for the order..correct? (i.e. there is not some way of ordering aircraft with a negative cash position that I am not aware of?)

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »
OK, so it is true that to order aircraft you must have the required cash available for the order..correct? (i.e. there is not some way of ordering aircraft with a negative cash position that I am not aware of?)

Yes, you must have cash to order aircraft.

Successful airlines can have quite large negative values, if they have enough income and accumulate enough cash on hand to allow them to qualify for large loans, and then they spend the amount borrowed and some of the additional cash on hand on new aircraft.  In MT3 I've had negative values below -20mil and I'm hardly the highest earning company in the game.  I've never had a negative cash position.

The other possibility, of course, is that the airline with ~-50mil placed the aircraft orders before they started losing money and is now in the process of failing...

Aliens62

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:49 PM »
OK, thanks for the replies guys.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.