Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ontime performace  (Read 1222 times)

Online ekaneti

• Members
Ontime performace
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »
What is your OTP? I am at 74%. The worst Ive ever had in playing this game in 18 months. I am doing nothing different. My hub is FLL. I have a huge amount of delays caused by "airport weather conditions". But FLL isnt a weather prone airport like SFO.

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
Re: Ontime performace
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
Actually I'm not really having that many weather delays out of SFO if I do
It's only by 5 mins. Now my flights o
Denver.... Let's just say I Need a snow plow on my plane if o want to
Go any where about a 30 min dealy on those flights.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »
What is your OTP? I am at 74%. The worst Ive ever had in playing this game in 18 months. I am doing nothing different. My hub is FLL. I have a huge amount of delays caused by "airport weather conditions". But FLL isnt a weather prone airport like SFO.

I seem to have much more weather delays in Atlanta than one would expect...

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »
Weather seems to be a problem at Dubai as well, which seems a little odd. 55% of delays caused by weather, this with a fleet of DC10s which were performing abysmally about a month ago.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
It must be the climate change... 8)

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »
Probably, I am single handedly destroying the world with DC10 emissions.

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »
I have ALSO noticed those weather related issues seem to be higher this game round.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 07:43:34 AM »
This is getting curioser and curioser:

One of my aircraft that has a turnaround probability of delay of ~1% just got cancelled, not delayed, cancelled for "Flight was canceled / Scheduling (too short turn-arounds) "

I just checked the flight immediately prior to the cancelled flight, and it left from its destination (back to the HQ) on time, with 0 min delay.  What would be a good explanation for this?

I am guessing that the flight can leave with some delay - 15min or even more.  I see some flight still leave with 42 min delay (due to weather).  The aircraft in question is the type with 40 min turnaroud.  The delay probability, I am sure, uses some statistical distribution.  So when it gets to ~1% at 70 min, going further out, the probability of delay become exceedingly rare.  So I have 40min normal turnaround (at 25% probability)+ 30min extra (at 1% probability) + 40 min permissible delay.  What is that probabiity, 1 in a million?  Did I just win a lottery?

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 07:51:59 AM »
Ok, there is more.  Looking at this one aircraft that is flying 3 segments, with 21 days of history, I have ~63 departures from HQ.  I found 2nd cancellation for this aircraft in last 21 days.  So that would be 2 / 63 = That's 3.1% cancellations for this aircraft due to scheduling.  It is supposed to be within 1% probability of delay due to scheduling, and I am getting 3.1% cancellations....

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »
I have ALSO noticed those weather related issues seem to be higher this game round.

Exactly the same as always before. You just keep staring them too much. ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.