Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Taking a loan?  (Read 1509 times)

Jps

• Former member
Taking a loan?
« on: October 12, 2010, 07:21:05 PM »
I haven't been able to take a loan worth more than 200k (with no securities) during the whole game. At best I've had company value of 3,8M, credit rating B, 900+ k/week income and CI about 30. I've been offered a loan with full securities for 25M, but only 200k with no securities. And all this while other companies have taken out huge loans and got new planes.

So, is there something I am doing wrong, or is there something wrong with the system?

Thanks, Jps

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Taking a loan?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Your problem is that your not making much money, you only have two planes to with very few route as the only income. Yes you have b rating, but you only have two planes to generate the income to pay for the loan with.

Tak a look at my company http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline11 newer got more than ccc rating but i still has been able to loan so fare 23 million. I dont have good credit rating but i have many planes to make the profit and is generating a income around 8-9 mill a week when not using money on leasing new planes.

Who will you loan the money out to a company having two planes making 2 mill or so a week ? or a company with fare more planes to make generate income to pay the debt with.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »
Your problem is that your not making much money, you only have two planes to with very few route as the only income. Yes you have b rating, but you only have two planes to generate the income to pay for the loan with.

Tak a look at my company http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline11 newer got more than ccc rating but i still has been able to loan so fare 23 million. I dont have good credit rating but i have many planes to make the profit and is generating a income around 8-9 mill a week when not using money on leasing new planes.

Who will you loan the money out to a company having two planes making 2 mill or so a week ? or a company with fare more planes to make generate income to pay the debt with.
Yeah, that's your situation now, but what about when you took the first loan? You must have had max 2 planes at the time.

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
Not at all my first loan was taken on 26 of july already had 9 planes when i took the loan.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
Ok, well, the loan just jumped to 2 mil, for no obvious reason, other than the 2nd plane has been operating for about 3 weeks... I think the bank has some weird policies on when to give out a loan.

ralphvanderlinden

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
Just another question, do I need to have a lot of cash to take out a loan?
Or does the amount of cash I have not affect the loans?

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »
Just another question, do I need to have a lot of cash to take out a loan?
Or does the amount of cash I have not affect the loans?

Also very much depends on your credit rating

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
OP's rating is "B" as stated.

I just took out a giant loan.  Ordered 3 new 753s and a used 744 with it.  He should be able to get more from the banks.

acanas

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:16 PM »
How does one get started to get a loan though? Check out my airline:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline444

The loan area says:

The bank allows you to loan 19 524 634 USD with the full loan amount backed with securities, or 0 USD without any securities.

The problem is all my planes are leased so I have no assets... How can one take a loan without first having some assets to back it up, for which you need a loan to buy them?   :(

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 10:10:59 PM »
How does one get started to get a loan though? Check out my airline:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline444

The loan area says:

The bank allows you to loan 19 524 634 USD with the full loan amount backed with securities, or 0 USD without any securities.

The problem is all my planes are leased so I have no assets... How can one take a loan without first having some assets to back it up, for which you need a loan to buy them?   :(

Continue expand a make money a some point you can loan money without security

DB Air

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 10:16:59 PM »
Guys,

I took 54 mio loan until now by implementing the following strategy:
At first, you start to lease at least 5 aircrafts in order to generate cash.
After accumulating app.5 mio you take an unsecured loan by 5 mio or more whatever you can get. Then, you buy an aircraft with them. You use that aircraft in order to take a loan baked with secured asset. The leverage is 2,5 or 3 at most. It means that if you have an aircraft with the value of 10 mio you can borrow up to 30 mio. After taking a considerably high loan baked with security the second step is to buy another aircraft in order to have another security asset. At the end of the day, you will be able to take almost all loan amount from the bank.

Take a look to my airline company:
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Others/Airline362

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.