Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Luxury Seating...  (Read 1999 times)

mesonyx

• Former member
Luxury Seating...
« on: October 11, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »
Hi All

Does anyone know whether if you purchase/lease an aircraft and reconfigour the seating in economy for example to its maximum luxuary capacity if this will effect the popularity by sim-flyers to choose your airline?  Obviously less seating means less tickets to sell which is the airlines choice but will the virtual passangers actually appreciate the luxury economy seating and choose to fly your airline rather than being cramed in like sardines with another airline or is this a concept beyond the capabilities of the sim-programme?

Many Thanks
OJ

Jps

• Former member
Re: Luxury Seating...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:42 PM »
Yes (that's why the different seats are there), but to what extent, I don't know.
Realistically, I believe those seats come in handy only when you have a large plane to use on a smaller route with competition. Of course, there are other uses for them, but doubt they will generate as much profit when compared to normal seats.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »
Generally you have so few seats left there that even the possible higher price isn't enough to cover the costs or give so much profit than a plane which is more full and has standard or premium seats. But again depends on the case, if you just can't get a standard seating plane to fill more than 50% (lack of demand for example) the other seating may give some benefits.

mesonyx

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 09:39:26 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys
much appreciated
OJ

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.