Ansett Australia Tribute

Started by raptorva, October 10, 2010, 10:40:19 AM

raptorva

I made a video as a tribute to my favorite airline that sadly collapsed 9 years ago.

Please read the video comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj_pam-5gGM

T8KE0FF

This is not really a advertising site..

Jps

Quote from: T8KE0FF on October 10, 2010, 11:22:24 AM
This is not really a advertising site..
And what would make this an advertisement, if the company went down 9 years ago?

I think it was a nice video, music fit and the clips were in nice order.

T8KE0FF

Its advertising the video, not the company ;)

alexgv1

Quote from: T8KE0FF on October 10, 2010, 12:15:53 PM

There is a whole thread of youtube videos people wanted to share called "nice youtube".

So I don't see what the problem is here with the post by raptorva, they are just doing the same.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ICEcoldair881

Quote from: T8KE0FF on October 10, 2010, 12:15:53 PM

if you bothered to read the comments for the video, it's a fictional commercial of various Ansett clips that are being dedicated to Ansett employees, customers etc... ;)

T8KE0FF

Quote from: ICEcold on October 10, 2010, 02:52:40 PM
if you bothered to read the comments for the video, it's a fictional commercial of various Ansett clips that are being dedicated to Ansett employees, customers etc... ;)

You clearly do not understand my previous comment. Read it again..

ucfknightryan

Terrence Klaverweide

Why do you always have to be such a p*** T8KEOFF? Here, on Youtube, man, if I google your name you're all over the place being 'un-nice'  to people.

Just enjoy the video.

Why'd Ansett go down by the way?

[ATA] Sunbao

Quote from: Terrence on October 10, 2010, 03:58:16 PM
Why do you always have to be such a p*** T8KEOFF? Here, on Youtube, man, if I google your name you're all over the place being 'un-nice'  to people.

Thats just his trademark

T8KE0FF

Quote from: Sunbao on October 10, 2010, 03:59:59 PM
Thats just his trademark

I have a reputation  8)

Why did you Google me? LOL  Thats kinda pervy...

Nemjee

Naa T8keofffff is great.... D: he made me do this!
He is so passionate about aviation....more than me!
He created fun videos :D

Ansett videos are so so btw :D

Take care!

Terrence Klaverweide

Quote from: Sunbao on October 10, 2010, 03:59:59 PM
Thats just his trademark

Ah, well I didn't know that...

Quote from: T8KE0FF on October 10, 2010, 04:08:19 PM
Why did you Google me? LOL  Thats kinda pervy..

Isn't that what Google's for? ;D

raptorva

Quote from: Terrence on October 10, 2010, 03:58:16 PM
Why'd Ansett go down by the way?

Poor management decisions over fleet types lead to having mixed Fokker F28's, Boeing 737-300s and A320s on domestic routes for example, new competition from Impulse (later merged into Qantas) and Virgin Blue as well as its sale to Air New Zealand who had no experience managing such a big airline and dragged Ansett down. Air NZ almost collapsed but the Government bailed them out at the expense of ditching Ansett which went bankrupt on September 12 2001.

Post 9/11, creditors almost succeeded in selling Ansett to linfox but on the final day that the payment was due, they pulled out and as a result, the airline was closed for good and 16,000 people found themselves out of a job.

T8KE0FF

Quote from: Terrence on October 11, 2010, 02:00:14 AM
Ah, well I didn't know that...

Isn't that what Google's for? ;D

Eww...

Knos

I remember that time all to well. My family was caught up in the collapse. Not happy times at all.

Thanks for the link. It was nice to watch something of Ansett again. Also gone are the days of riding in the jump seat if you are flying stand-by! Shame.

While looking through youtube i also found this tribute. Its about 5mins with a lot of different shots of a/c from the very start of the airline to the end with video footage of the Sydney 2000 747 landing at Kai Tak. To top it off good old Enya is the background music. Worth a look if you havent seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYHDYTXYbIA

raptorva

I remember many of those videos and the music, I used it in one of my videos for my virtual airline after hearing it.
I feel sorry for those who only know of low-cost airlines and Qantas. Qantas is good but not as good as they used to be. Having a monopoly has meant they've dropped their standards.

Ilyushin

Quote from: WilZak on November 16, 2010, 01:42:15 PM
I remember that time all to well. My family was caught up in the collapse. Not happy times at all.

Thanks for the link. It was nice to watch something of Ansett again. Also gone are the days of riding in the jump seat if you are flying stand-by! Shame.

While looking through youtube i also found this tribute. Its about 5mins with a lot of different shots of a/c from the very start of the airline to the end with video footage of the Sydney 2000 747 landing at Kai Tak. To top it off good old Enya is the background music. Worth a look if you havent seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYHDYTXYbIA

Love that 727 tail design!

Knos

Quote from: raptorva on November 17, 2010, 06:01:47 AM
I remember many of those videos and the music, I used it in one of my videos for my virtual airline after hearing it.
I feel sorry for those who only know of low-cost airlines and Qantas. Qantas is good but not as good as they used to be. Having a monopoly has meant they've dropped their standards.

Completely agree. The monopoly hasnt helped the industry in Australia at all. Ansett had great service and when I saw the F28 I remember riding one of them from BNE-SYD. I was fairly young then and I thought to myself, 'This is a small plane to be going to Sydney.' Now that I a bit wiser I remember it was a midday flight and can now understand the reasoning. Ahh the days.

Anyway raptrova, what do you mean by your virtual airline video? Do you have a link? If you dont mind I would like to have a look.

raptorva

I haven't uploaded the video but its an airline that flies around Australia in the flight simulator skies