Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: About airline stats  (Read 2497 times)

Jps

• Former member
About airline stats
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:00:24 AM »
So, I've been comparing the airline stats ever since this game began. THere are however a couple things that I make me wonder.
For once, the Credit raiting the airlines get from banks; I see some people have as good as B, and have had that from the beginning while others have CCC. How is it possible? Do they get different ratings in deifferent countries, different initial loan or what?

Secondly, the Fleet utilization. It's showing 8.3 hrs/ day for me, even though I have 1 aircraft that only spends 8.7 hours in the ground/day. So what am I missing here? I don't have cancellations, and the average has been 8.3 for a couple of game weeks now.

Offline Daveos

• Members
Re: About airline stats
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »
The credit rating also seems to take profitability into account, as the airlines with the highest have made the most money in the first days.

The fleet utilization also takes turnaround times into consideration.  As you have a 747, I'd assume you have around a 2 - 2.5 hour turnaround, so with your 3 flights that means it spends around 7 hours in turnaround.  The remaining 17 hours of the day comprise of the 8.3 and 8.7 you've mentioned.

Hope that helps :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »
I counted the turn arounds into that 8.7 hours (what else would keep my plane on the ground?)

Also, some people had the B rating already on the first day, so it can't just be about profitability.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »
it also depends on how much cash (or lack thereof) that the airline has. A start up that has no aircraft can have a higher rating than an airline thats also a startup operating 3 aircraft simply because the airline would have spent its own money and some of the loan getting the aircraft, hence its company value is in the negatives and its rating is lower.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:15:10 AM »
it also depends on how much cash (or lack thereof) that the airline has. A start up that has no aircraft can have a higher rating than an airline thats also a startup operating 3 aircraft simply because the airline would have spent its own money and some of the loan getting the aircraft, hence its company value is in the negatives and its rating is lower.

Yep, thought that would be the case, but had to be sure.

But, there's still the issue with fleet utilization (bug, or am I missing something?).

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
According to the airport timetable, this is your schedule.

Flight 1 - Dep 0905, Arr 1020 and then returns Dep 1255, Arr 1415 = 2 hours 35 mins on the ground
Turnaround = 2 hours 40 mins on the ground before Flight 2

Flight 2 - Dep 1655, Arr 1810 and then returns Dep 2050, Arr 2210 = 2 hours 40 mins on the ground
Turnaround = 2 hours on the ground before Flight 3

Flight 3 - Dep 0010, Arr 0200 and then returns Dep 0500, Arr 0650 = 3 hours on the ground
Turnaround = 2 hours 15 mins before Flight 1

The total time on the ground is therefore 15 hours 10 minutes on 6 of your 7 days.  You'll also lose a little bit on the Saturday when your A-check is scheduled.

I'm not sure with the credit rating then, as I've never paid much attention.  I'm sure an economist out there will chip in :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
According to the airport timetable, this is your schedule.

Flight 1 - Dep 0905, Arr 1020 and then returns Dep 1255, Arr 1415 = 2 hours 35 mins on the ground
Turnaround = 2 hours 40 mins on the ground before Flight 2

Flight 2 - Dep 1655, Arr 1810 and then returns Dep 2050, Arr 2210 = 2 hours 40 mins on the ground
Turnaround = 2 hours on the ground before Flight 3

Flight 3 - Dep 0010, Arr 0200 and then returns Dep 0500, Arr 0650 = 3 hours on the ground
Turnaround = 2 hours 15 mins before Flight 1

The total time on the ground is therefore 15 hours 10 minutes on 6 of your 7 days.  You'll also lose a little bit on the Saturday when your A-check is scheduled.

I'm not sure with the credit rating then, as I've never paid much attention.  I'm sure an economist out there will chip in :)

As always, it was human error once again. I forgot the turn arounds at the destination airport  :P
Thanks for the answers!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
Credit rating has the following items:
 - airline value
 - airline age
 - airline image

And also certain things like very much negative cash or value push it further down.

It does not take into account past loan performance (as that is not stored at all), or income history (as it has problems with the asset depreciation and taxes etc, after the finances are fixed the c.rating could be updated too).

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
Credit rating has the following items:
 - airline value
 - airline age
 - airline image
So even if I've made profits 500k/week for the last year, but have negative value (positive cash balance) and low image, I won't be able to take a loan?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »
So even if I've made profits 500k/week for the last year, but have negative value (positive cash balance) and low image, I won't be able to take a loan?

Not that simple, only "negative value" does not mean anything. It's a combination of all those three things. And the note I said at the end meaned basically if you have money -50mil and value -10mil then you cannot have A credit rating but the system lowers it. (as there were issues with 10 yo airlines with 50+CI but value -100m having A ratings while practically bust already)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 11:31:02 AM »
Not that simple, only "negative value" does not mean anything. It's a combination of all those three things. And the note I said at the end meaned basically if you have money -50mil and value -10mil then you cannot have A credit rating but the system lowers it. (as there were issues with 10 yo airlines with 50+CI but value -100m having A ratings while practically bust already)
Yes, but what raises it? Having positive value and high CI?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
Yes the three things I mentioned.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »
Yeah... Just seems very slow... I can take 12 mil loan with securities, but 0 with no securities  :-\
Well, maybe I'm just too impatient as my competition is getting planes...

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
Yeah... Just seems very slow... I can take 12 mil loan with securities, but 0 with no securities  :-\
Well, maybe I'm just too impatient as my competition is getting planes...

Hehe, compare to real life: Which bank would grant a new company an unsecured loan with a few days into operations...?
Denis

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
Yeah, I know...
But since some companies have 4 737:s, and I doubt they got them all with initial money, some banks have to be more willing than others.
Guess the Japanese are careful with money...  :P

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »
Yeah, I know...
But since some companies have 4 737:s, and I doubt they got them all with initial money, some banks have to be more willing than others.
Or they're jumping ahead of themselves and are probably going to be bankrupt in a couple months game time.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »
Yeah, I know...
If you are lucky enough on second hand market, you can pick 737 for as low as 200-250k/month, which would be a ~1m prepayment. so you could easily have 4 of them with your startup cash

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »
About the loan... If I pay back the initial loan, will I be able to take out a new loan faster than if I wait and take a smaller loan but also use cash?

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 08:34:17 PM »
About the loan... If I pay back the initial loan, will I be able to take out a new loan faster than if I wait and take a smaller loan but also use cash?

Did not work for me. When I closed my loan, my credit limit went up exactly the same amount as I paid...

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
Did not work for me. When I closed my loan, my credit limit went up exactly the same amount as I paid...

Yeah, that's for certain. But the point was, is bank willing to give more loan faster if I pay back the loan faster. What I undesrtood from Sami's comment, this is not the case, but I could be wrong...
And whatever the way is, it's be nice to know how soon I could expect to get a loan? Is it going to take months game time or is there some other thing like 'at the instant your value is positive' or something else?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.