Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I miss some a/c in this game world....  (Read 1294 times)

ksliu9

• Former member
I miss some a/c in this game world....
« on: October 07, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »
One of them... definitely is....  Concorde!  No more concorde now... in 2002!

Another nice a/c missing is... DC-9 !  I think that doesn't make sense, as in the real world, today 2010, there are still many DC-9 flying! Why there is no DC-9 in the game world of 2002?!

To those new to AWS: here is the global stat of a/c:
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats

castelino009

• Former member
Re: I miss some a/c in this game world....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
One of them... definitely is....  Concorde!  No more concorde now... in 2002!

Another nice a/c missing is... DC-9 !  I think that doesn't make sense, as in the real world, today 2010, there are still many DC-9 flying! Why there is no DC-9 in the game world of 2002?!

To those new to AWS: here is the global stat of a/c:
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats

Aircraft's are based on real time( production,variants, etc etc)  Concorde was not in production in 2002, you may find a old one sitting idle in used market :) wanna go bankrupt in a week -thou shall use it :)

VJC
VJC

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »
Production of DC-9-50 ended already in -81 so even the last-built ones would be 21 years old.

Concorde ended in 1979.

twistedraisin

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »

There's always the B717... DC-9->MD-80->MD-90->B717... at least, the legacy of the DC-9 is still there!

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »
Aircraft's are based on real time( production,variants, etc etc)  Concorde was not in production in 2002, you may find a old one sitting idle in used market :) wanna go bankrupt in a week -thou shall use it :)

Concorde is not about being profitable, but an milestone. I personally would be happy to operate few concordes, just to be the only one who does that, no matter how unprofitable it would be.

Hugamuga

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
I love how the 737 Classics are not in production anymore (unlike in ATB) I think it may trip many airlines up who grabbed 734s as a long term investment

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.