Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Enjoy the rush, folks!  (Read 7420 times)

twistedraisin

• Former member
Re: Enjoy the rush, folks!
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »
Hey Sami, I was just curious since this is the first time I've been in the game from the start - at count, there were 284 used 777 variants listed as in storage or for sale, with 1 leased - but I've yet to see any of them come up. How does that work, and can we expect to see them popping up soon?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »
Sami won't admit it but there were a bunch at the beginning that he removed from the used ac market due to the fact that no one could get one and their prices were droping. 

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2010, 12:15:12 AM »
Sami won't admit it but there were a bunch at the beginning that he removed from the used ac market due to the fact that no one could get one and their prices were droping.  

??  (= wtf?)

If nobody buys a plane at the used market during a certain timeframe, it is automatically removed and will be back there later on with a reduced price.

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2010, 12:20:38 AM »
what i was talking about was limit the aircraft models in different continents or even countries.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010, 12:29:20 AM »
??  (= wtf?)

If nobody buys a plane at the used market during a certain timeframe, it is automatically removed and will be back there later on with a reduced price.

I thought that you removed it.  Sorry if I was wrong.  I would have said you did the right thing too.  Those things were dropping in price rapidly and were already 20% below market value.

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2010, 07:03:20 AM »
Gee what a discussion on those airplanes. I think it is a good thing, a few aircraft makes up for enormous competition. Something everybody has been screaming for the last months. The ones that are clever and staid away from the famous 737 and A320 (MD's for example) are the ones that grow currently. Briliant move! I would say keep things as they are, keep production levels low and people let's double think our strategy. Like some else said before it just might be a good choice to go Antonovs! Who dares... This is were running an enterprice is all about!! :)

One remark though is to keep production lines open for the first year or so. Nobody has money the first months to lease new ones so keep all lines open for at least the first year!

I am loving this world!
Stoffel
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:05:44 AM by PiaDijkstra »

tunnster

• Former member
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »
Like some else said before it just might be a good choice to go Antonovs! Who dares... This is were running an enterprice is all about!! :)

One remark though is to keep production lines open for the first year or so. Nobody has money the first months to lease new ones so keep all lines open for at least the first year!
Stoffel

What production Lines are closing?
I gave in and bought some Russian Planes, simply to keep growing, its going to kill me if fuel goes up though. There is a reason why in the real world Boeing and Airbus's rule.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.