Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Enjoy the rush, folks!  (Read 7418 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Enjoy the rush, folks!
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »
Just for those who missed it: This demotivator also valids for CRJ-200s...

Don't stop there.  You may as well include the first generation Embraer jets too.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »
Hehe...

Was especially related to somebody just ordering a CRJ in MT3...  8)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2010, 10:40:55 PM »
Urhm... Seems I've been gone for too long. Was just about to include those in my strategy  :-[ 8)

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2010, 07:42:07 AM »
People I have got to say I am impressed with the amount of bankrups already. I consider myself not as a top player but going Bankrupt within a month is really a performance I have not achieved!

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2010, 07:55:08 AM »
I think that a lot of the BKs happened because of "market insatisfaction". Maybe they entered the game, choose a HQ and started researching suitable HQ to base permanently, found one they liked, BK their old airline and started a new airline @ the new HQ.
There were other BKs that restarted in the same place, maybe bad aircraft choice....

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
Yes, Archer is correct. Most simply 're-hub' so to speak...

Denis

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2010, 02:39:24 PM »
Funny to watch T8KE0FF and his "nexus world best airline" fooling around posting a lot of press release and forming the "best" alliance and suddenly he decide to close his base where he stat he earns 1.5 mill a week pr plane and then move to san francisco instead.

Good to have such people giving us other players a god laugh :D

Offline kcm31

• Members
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:19 AM »
Yeah he is funny, but at least his ads look all shiny and nice... ;D

Terrence Klaverweide

• Former member
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2010, 03:37:36 AM »
That add IS funny...

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2010, 03:40:18 AM »
What was up with the US international press release about condemning Nexus?

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »
Has been sitting all day long presseing f5 in the used a/c section browsing for airbus 320 series and md 80 series, guess how many planes i have got by that just two, gaaab heh

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »
btw. as used market is, naturally, a bit of an issue again (no surprise), feel free to throw ideas on how to cut the f5'ing.

On my list is already that each new airline will get a separate "plane pool". So when they start at for example day "start +3" they have more choices than the other airlines to allow them to have a bit easier start. But that's not directly related to this.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
could have something like auctions - in addition to "regular market"
a) "Open": plane comes to the market for lets say 60min (rather than usual 30 sec ;D), during that time everyone could bid on it, bids are visible and the highest bidder gets it
b) "Closed": number of planes are pre-announced to come to auction, and than everyone could send a bid which would not be seen to anyone else, than again - the highest bidder gets it. This would be add more intrigue.

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
could have something like auctions - in addition to "regular market"
a) "Open": plane comes to the market for lets say 60min (rather than usual 30 sec ;D), during that time everyone could bid on it, bids are visible and the highest bidder gets it
b) "Closed": number of planes are pre-announced to come to auction, and than everyone could send a bid which would not be seen to anyone else, than again - the highest bidder gets it. This would be add more intrigue.

Well what different will it do ? it will just be the guys with money there throws in a high leasing offer, probaly the same guys that just keep pressing f5 whole day long on the used marked.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2010, 10:06:15 PM »
Well what different will it do ? it will just be the guys with money there throws in a high leasing offer, probaly the same guys that just keep pressing f5 whole day long on the used marked.

Ding ding ding.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
Auction may be a good idea.  Maybe a week-long (game time) auction.  Some aircraft come on the market on Monday, bids are due by Sunday midnight and on Monday, the participants are informed on who won the auction and at what price.

And, players could participate by placing their aircraft in the auction.

Another problem it could solve is if a player really wants to get rid of a plane, no matter what price.  When the player places the aircraft in auction, he should get some lowball bids upfront from AI leasing companies (lower than 70%), and the player should be able to set the minimum price to whatever he wants to.  For example if the player really wants to get rid of a plane, he can set the price to the highest bid of the AI leasing company, which insures the plane would be sold.  But real players can always bid higher.  The bids should be secret, so there would not be E-bay like click-fest in the last seconds of the bidding.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »

If the players are grossly over-paying, they may go out of business.  And if all of the planes on the used aircraft market are way overpriced, new aircraft market will look more attractive.

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2010, 10:30:01 PM »
I got fed up and ended up just ordering some new aircraft. Most of the 73s that peek out on the used market are in pretty bad shape anyway.

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
Maybe we could make it to where there are only so many types of the aircraft in each continent. So this means North America will have a curtain pool of aircraft and Europe will have there own as well. You could also limit them by where there made. So this means Boeing will primarily be in America, which means if your based out of France you have too more to have it shipped. As to where you bought a Airbus it would be a lot cheaper. I think this could control the used market a little better than what it is now. We need to do something like this or specify what type of airline you want to run i.e. Big name, Regional, domestic only, international only. By dividing this up the airline would only have access to curtain planes instead of everything.This would further keep the used market under control.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:28 PM »
so many types of the aircraft in each continent.

The planes do fly you know. ;D  So it's not a problem at all to ferry a 737 from Asia to USA for example.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.