Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Campaign & Route image  (Read 3983 times)

mbliek

• Former member
Campaign & Route image
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »
Hi to all,

Can I stop my Route Campaign when my route image is 100?

I still have a campaign for "My base country"

Thx

Sorry for my English...

Offline Kazari

• Members
Re: Campaign & Route image
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »
Yes. Route campaigns are largely a waste of money, but once you reach 100% -- as long as you're still flying it -- you can quit paying.

mbliek

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 04:45:10 PM »
Ok thx

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »
Yes. Route campaigns are largely a waste of money, but once you reach 100% -- as long as you're still flying it -- you can quit paying.

Are you sure about this?  I have up to now kept the full 30 route campaigns up, having noticed that my CI does drop if these reduce (I also have 5 general campaigns going).

After seeing this, I have allowed my route campaigns to lapse (for 100% routes) and boosted spending on general campaigns.  My CI has fallen by 4 in about 2 (game) weeks.

MD

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »
After seeing this, I have allowed my route campaigns to lapse (for 100% routes) and boosted spending on general campaigns.  My CI has fallen by 4 in about 2 (game) weeks.

Are you sure you didn't do something else at the same time?  Like fire some staff or reduce some salaries?

Route marketing has no effect on CI.

As far as RI marketing effect on RI, it is marginally effective when you have only a few routes.  The costs go up with the number of routes you have, and you end up spending a lot of money for very small effect.

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:35:31 AM »
Are you sure you didn't do something else at the same time?  Like fire some staff or reduce some salaries?

Route marketing has no effect on CI.

As far as RI marketing effect on RI, it is marginally effective when you have only a few routes.  The costs go up with the number of routes you have, and you end up spending a lot of money for very small effect.

Definitely did not fire anyone, and actually increased salaries (6 monthly review).  Overall expenditure on marketing (route and general) is about constant.

MD

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »
Definitely did not fire anyone, and actually increased salaries (6 monthly review).  Overall expenditure on marketing (route and general) is about constant.

MD

If you are doing manual salaries, I found that it can be tricky.  In some categories, you may have something like:
Jan: 4600
Feb: 4650
Mar: 4600
If you just keep adjusting, you could be cutting pay without noticing it.

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »
If you are doing manual salaries, I found that it can be tricky.  In some categories, you may have something like:
Jan: 4600
Feb: 4650
Mar: 4600
If you just keep adjusting, you could be cutting pay without noticing it.

Hi

I do each workgroup manually.  By resting the cursor on the "save" icon next to each workgroup,the web address for the link comes up in the bottom bar (in Firefox) which shows the new salary eg

javascript:setSalary('-sal99', 21000);

where 21000 is the suggested salary.  I do not click unless it is an increase.  Also, when I have dropped salaries (when I first went to manual) a warning came up about the drops for each affected workgroup.  I am absolutely certain therefore that I have not lowered salaries.

I am now spending close to double on general campaigns to what I was spending jointly on route and general ones, which seems to have at least stablized the situation albeit at the lower level.  So I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Regards

MD
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:36:03 PM by MidlandDeltic »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »
CI going down can be also due to larger-than-normal amount of delays/cancellations. That's usually in the style of -5pts max in a month or so. Poor staff morale also affects it negatively (at least I think it did.. long time since I checked that department of the code).

CI fluctuation is normal, although presently it does stay a bit too much on level if everything remains the same.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.