iPhone

Started by Ilyushin, October 01, 2010, 05:56:05 AM

wiluk

Quote from: sami on October 04, 2010, 07:33:57 PM
If we're talking of phones that are less than ~2-3 yrs old (like any reasonable smart phone that'd have large enough screen to browse the web), I'd say (on general level) they all do support basic Ajax / Javascript etc. Haven't found any problems in the ones I've tested. The site has a standard HTML code and seems to work very well actually.

Main issue with mobile browsers are the popups / lightbox windows which don't scale that well.

I completely agree Sami, my point was that Kazari said "The iPhone is the only place where this stuff doesn't render properly". My point in response to this was two-fold:
1. Even the majority of current smartphones don't support inline Flash, and those that do may have performance / memory issues
2. Some older devices will not be able to support the full JavaScript calls

meaning that it's actually nothing like the only place where it doesn't render properly. I actually think you've done a great job in coding all of the site in a standard manner which is highly accessible from a wide range of devices.

Back to my original point, using something like Google Charts would IMHO be an improvement for everyone. Those on smartphones would be able to view the graphs, and computer users would have one less plugin taking up memory to look at. FWIW I also used Flash graphs until around a year ago as it was the best option available. I'd be more than happy to help out in any way I could if it was a transition you wished to make  :)

Ilyushin

Quote from: ksliu9 on October 05, 2010, 05:39:12 AM
I've JB my ipad and installed flash (called "frash") in my ipad Safari, so now I can also view the chat in AWS from my ipad! Excellent!

Joseph

Is this possible on the iPhone 3GS?

wiluk

Maarten Otto

Did the same on my iDevices and Flash/Frash just works. But please note it's still Beta software and slow. But it will do the job.

Sami

Just got the msg that this FusionCharts I use would be now HTML5 compatible too. Have to test.