Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Borders of Europe and NA  (Read 1804 times)

Pavlov

• Former member
Borders of Europe and NA
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
As we know the Alliance game is limited to Europe and NA. Just out of curiosity: what is the definition, where is the border? For example: Istanbul, Turkey is located in the European part of Turkey (similar to Moscow and St. Petersburg being in the European part of Russia) but is not included.

Furthermore I believe Guam is United States' territory, so it could be added as well?!

Out of game world perspective: adding those two (especially Istanbul) in any next limited game world would increase opportunities (and realism IMO).

Your thoughts please.

Offline elvis141

• Members
Re: Borders of Europe and NA
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:23:05 PM »
I agree with you with Istanbul is partly part of europe. It is strange that part isn´t in the game since the part in russia which are on europen soil is in and not Turkey.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »
Guam might be part of the US but it's not part of North America; it is put into "Oceania" for purposes of AWS.  It also would be completely useless anyway as, without Asian demand, there's absolutely zero reason to fly there (and even that is fairly small).

Istanbul though probably should be included.  It was quite a big thing when Sami had to divide Russia into two seperate continents.  He probably didn't find it worthwhile to move just one city over to the European continent.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:03:40 AM »
Turkey is a whole country in the system so it's assigned to single continent only.

Russia is split to two parts, roughly from the Urals since it's so large.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.