Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Where is the "Boom" from Air Travel Boom  (Read 2018 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Where is the "Boom" from Air Travel Boom
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:03:35 PM »
I have been monitoring the demand on my routes, and over last 5 years, the demand has been either flat, or the growth has been un-perceptible.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Where is the "Boom" from Air Travel Boom
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
It's in the early part of the scenario.  Pax traffic grew in big ways in the late-90s and early-2000s.  Even after 9/11 it bounced back very quickly.

But, after the present day, which the game has been in the past 5 years you've been looking at it, I don't know what stats Sami uses, but they certainly don't give much of a "boom" feel.  Which is fine as that's quite likely to be the case for the foreseeable future.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
There has been a steady growth of 2-5% every year.. And pax demands will be some 40-50% higher at the end than in start (follows real world / predicted pax development)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
I see.  I started in game year 2004, so I missed the early boom, and have not paid close attention between 2004 and 2010.

I set supply on my routes some 20 to 30% over the average demand at around ~2010, thinking that even 3% growth until the end of the game would fill the supply.  But it has not happened.  So I guess it was a bad bet on my part that has cost me a lot in lost profits...

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »
There has been a steady growth of 2-5% every year.. And pax demands will be some 40-50% higher at the end than in start (follows real world / predicted pax development)

Hmm.... It didn't seem like 2-5% over last 5 years..  Maybe the low end of the range that can be overlooked....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.