Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Starting my VFR licensure  (Read 3484 times)

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
Re: Starting my VFR licensure
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 12:28:26 AM »
Good Luck Swiftus!!!!!!

I would love to become a pilot aswell! But..... Some things in Denmark is as expensive as hell. A commercial airline certificate here in Denmark costs arround 10.000$  :-\ And a cheeseburger costs 2 dollars  :'(

Another good idea is to join the Air Force. You get to learn the basics in flying in the Air Force. And then after a couple of years, just take a course for commercial flying. Alot of commercial pilots is retired air force pilots aswell  :laugh:

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 12:30:31 AM »
Im 32...

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 12:31:48 AM »
Oh yeah... Didn't think of that.

But other younglings could get that idea aswell :)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
We are using the Jepps' book... was told it was one of the better ones.

Just going to tell you if you are anywhere near KBKL or KCLE to STAY in Bravo starting next week. 

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
swiftus, it's never too late to start flying --- you will have many years ahead of you yet! I really hope you enjoy yourself I think PPLs are a great thing and wouldn't discourage anyone from getting one.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 01:47:32 AM »
Swiftus, where do you live in the US ?

I'm starting a pilot training in San Diego area (I'm going commercial), maybe i could visit you during my time building  ;D.

Save your money and go to college! :) Or to go Embry-Riddle and get a proper education.
Sure you'll be able to find a job after you've instructed clueless idiots for 2000 hours, but you'd get the better education at ER or even Delta Academy.

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 01:49:40 AM »
Im 32...

Never too late, two of my instructors were 30 and 34, both landed a job fairly quickly compared to the other instructors cus they were in the "right age".
You're prolly gonna be more mature and make a better impression on an interview compared to a 22 year old with 3000 hours.

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »
Good Luck Swiftus!!!!!!

I would love to become a pilot aswell! But..... Some things in Denmark is as expensive as hell. A commercial airline certificate here in Denmark costs arround 10.000$  :-\ And a cheeseburger costs 2 dollars  :'(

Another good idea is to join the Air Force. You get to learn the basics in flying in the Air Force. And then after a couple of years, just take a course for commercial flying. Alot of commercial pilots is retired air force pilots aswell  :laugh:

Another good idea is to look up the options in Scandinavia. There is a Uni in Tromsų, Norway that has a flight school program. The instructors and planes are what SAS Academy used to own and operate @ ENDU.

There is also Lund Uni in Sweden.

None of em cost any money. The cheeseburger is 10 bucks in Norway tho. But both places offer a great education and you'll earn a Bachelors degree in Aviation. Which might come in handy later on.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
Never too late, two of my instructors were 30 and 34, both landed a job fairly quickly compared to the other instructors cus they were in the "right age".
You're prolly gonna be more mature and make a better impression on an interview compared to a 22 year old with 3000 hours.

Im still not joining the military.

Oh, and I live within 10nm of KCLE.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.