Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: LF on ULR route  (Read 1276 times)

Offline mark320

• Members
LF on ULR route
« on: August 31, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
Any ideas why I have a ULR route with descent timings (most sectors) but i cannot get my load factors up unlike other destinations? They are hovering around 60% and even tried upgrading seating to premium economy! The demand is there but it is not following the normal patters of load factors! There is also no competition!

Any ideas would be welcome since I am reluctant to add frequency with an other aircraft.

altmants

• Former member
Re: LF on ULR route
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Two questions.....

Is your company image below 75-80 AND is the Route greater than >4000nm

If a CI is below 60, Long Haul flights are extremely hard to be profitable.

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

My CI is above that and yes the route is half across the globe (corporate secrets ;)) My issue is with the fact that I cannot fill the planes as they ought like other routes with the same amount of flights and pricing. The load factor is remaining low. If the LF would be like my other long haul flights i would turn more profit than I am now.
The LF is not following the normal increase. All my LH routes are above 4000nm and i have no problems filling them even with competition!

Something is not right
 :-\

regards,

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 05:35:03 AM »
how about the time of the flight?

Offline mark320

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
thank you for your question,

departure times: 0900 x 3days 0530 and 1230. that's 5 days a week
arrivals 1415 x 3 days 1045 and 1745

not too shabby isn't it?
Believe it or not I have increased the ticket prices to slightly above recommended and the load factors have gone up! Still not convinced how it's working. Problem is if I don't understand how it works how can i fend off competition? I use efficient aircraft to be able to using pricing to increase my Load factor, but on this route the opposite is happening! :'(

regards,

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.