Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance Membership  (Read 976 times)

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
Alliance Membership
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »
Hi All

I am wondering what the tangible benefts of alliance membership are?  The manual is a little vague, and appears to indicate that it is little more than a company image thing.  Looking at the airlines with a high CI, most are members of alliances, but this could be a function of their size, and therefore ability to spare the cash.

The apparent lack of beneifits (eg base sharing, codesharing, revenue distribution) puts me off joining one.  Can antone advise?

Cheers

MD

Miltra

• Former member
Re: Alliance Membership
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
You're right, there is no benefit if you join an alliance!

The only thing what changes:
1. you have access to the alliance forum, which might be good, depending on the other members
2. you pay around 0.8% alliance fee (based on your income), which becomes quite a sum in a few years..

Otherwise, I never detected something different beeing in an alliance or not!

Cheers :)

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
I was in the impressing the CI would go up due to an alliance member ship

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
I was in the impressing the CI would go up due to an alliance member ship

Not sure about this. I was currently in an alliance that focused on regional airlines. I left it twice (the first time because I was considering acquiring B753s and therefore would enter in conflict with the alliance objective, the second time I left was because I actually got those planes after nearly 3 years of deliberation that included re-entering the alliance). Neither of my leavings drove me to a CI drop (at least not more than 5 points, more a scheduling thing than anything).

But I may be incorrect.

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »
I dont know if it has much effect on the the Company Image but inside the game it says:

"At the current version of AirwaySim being an alliance member will boost your passenger travel demand, depending on the size of the alliance." - alliance frontpage

Another obvious thing is that you will have around 20 or so less airlines that will compete against you.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:26:54 PM by lilius »

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
I dont it has much effect on the the Company Image but inside the game it says:

"At the current version of AirwaySim being an alliance member will boost your passenger travel demand, depending on the size of the alliance." - alliance frontpage

Another obvious thing is that you will have around 20 or so less airlines that will compete against you.

It is supposed to give you a tiny (incredibly tiny) boost to your demand much the same as CI boost does -- that's why people often refer to it as giving a CI boost, because that's essentially how the formula works.  In reality, any effect an Alliance has (or may have) on any figures at all is truly infinitesimally small.  So small so as to be completely impossible to notice if they even exist at all.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.