Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Fast-switching between game worlds  (Read 408 times)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
[-] Fast-switching between game worlds
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »
Most people know it, some stopped playing different game worlds because of this;

Every game-world switch takes a lot of clicks. And if you play more than two game worlds (or have a small monitor), you have to scroll. This not only takes a lot of time, it becomes annoying.

So my idea has two parts, the first one is more important (in my opinion), the second one is luxury  ;)

Part I:
If you log in you have some control panels at the left side. (screenshot)
In this (at the bottom or in the middle above the "My Account"-section, red lines in the screenshot) could be some links implemented, that lead you directly into the other game world - in the same window. So if you are at the "My Aircraft"-page in ATB game and use the shortlink, you will instantly see the "My Aircraft"-page of Modern Times #2.
There should no affirmation pop-ups etc. (or make this optional in the settings) to make sure it's a one-click-feature.

This feature allows people to fast-check all of their airlines.

Part II:
You not only have a fast-switching possibility, you also have a "command room" for all of your airlines. All messages are shown. You're logged in at Alliance Challenge and the FAA will close some of your routes in Jet Age? No problem! The message from Jet Age will also appear there and you can fast-switch to find a solution.

Also the current ingame times of all game worlds will be shown. You know the clocks at airports? Time at Paris, London, Dubai, New York and Los Angeles? There you can see the time of your Jet Age game, Modern Times, Alliance Challenge and Beginners World.

I'm sure there could be implemented more cool things, but these two are some I often miss... hope others will add features they miss.  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:17:29 PM by sami »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Fast-switching between game worlds
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »
Is it slow to highlight Dashboard and click Change Game?  

An easy way to do this is just to put a list of all the game names under your name on the left as you said.  The game you are currently in is red and the others you are playing but not in are blue.  All are linkable.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:02:07 PM by swiftus27 »

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
+5. I've sometimes forgotten that I'm in game world A, and when I click on a link it says that it's unable to find such item, as it's in game world B. :-\ So, I have to go into the game, press change game and whatnot.. :P I think it would be easier just to have that option.. :)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
Managing multiple game worlds at the same time is not technically possible, you have to be "logged" in at only one world at any given time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.