Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: King Airways fined by administration  (Read 1272 times)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
King Airways fined by administration
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
King Airways has been fined by the administration for hogging slots at airports (KLAX etc.) which is against the rules.

The player had planned dozens of routes to an airport with <50pax daily demand by just opening the routes but never flying them, allowing him to keep the slots for 2 months and thus reserve them for future use (some 300 slots were in question here). This is clearly "hogging" of the slots and forbidden in the game rules. Slots are released back to public pool.

And a second case from the same airline involved routing dozens of small YS-11 aircraft into nearby airport with a) huge oversupply of the route and b) to hog slots of his main HUB airport. All of these routes are closed and slots are made available to other airlines again.

The airline has received a penalty in AWS cash and player has been warned. Next rule violation accounts for airline closure by administration.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:51:57 PM by sami »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: King Airways fined by administration
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
I will apologize to all who had disadvantages due to my rule violation or believed everything was fair play.

Please believe me it was not to stop competition to or from Los Angeles. I always like fair competition (one could see that before on the routes to Heathrow, competing hard with Jumbo Mouse). I used it because I sometimes had the problem there were no free slots for four to five hours, so I "reserved" some key slots.

Please see this not as an alibi. But I think all I can do now is play fair in every way and tell you what my intention was.

Sami's fee was $200.000.000. Also I got rid of the 14x NAMC I used for this even they had long-term leases. Running operations are not affected.

However, I'm inactive since Alliance Challenge started (Leadfood Airways can affirm this, because he increased his route frequencies and market share (yeah, he got slots!)) and I don't know if I will be back in this game world, there's literally nothing more to achieve. Take this as an invitation to fly to KLAX and my other bases and have fun. For me the game (if I really stop here and run it on autopilot) was much fun, hope this rule violation here was for nobody the reason not having fun.

Hope one can understand what I was trying to say due to my bad english. Thanks for your attention. And in this case, the cake is no lie...

Best regards,
CEO King Airways, KLAX
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:34:29 PM by Curse »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »
Im not in this game so it didnt impact me. 

I think that it was this type of attitude, sadly from you, that help make this happen:

Oh Swiftus. If you really want to have fun, wait until such an EGLL-Slot-Hogger starts and then be fast and grab all his slots and give them away to other airlines or fly them by yourself. It won't take long and the slot hogger runs to sami and complains about your game style  ;D  It's the most possible fun in AWS  :)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 10:32:46 PM »
I will not discuss this detailed, but for sure I thought many hours what to do after I got told the behaviour from well known EGLL airlines is ok. The two (in AWS possible) results were
a) take EGLL slots and give them away (Sami pleased me to stop this and I did immediately)
b) hogging slots for myself, but not to prevent from competition, only to be able to make gap-less schedules. This is why there were always many slots available at KLAX... while literally all slots at EGLL were gone.

Using this "strategy" doesn't mean I like it. It costed me more than sami's fee and a lot of time. I hope there will be a system soon that prevents all airlines from doing this.

However, this is no excuse for going a step further or even doing the same, but as one can see I'm not going to do half things. On the legal and on the illegale side.

But I take responsibility of my behavior, a thing most people do not.

Hope your insertion is answered sufficient.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.