Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: About game rules (slots, competition etc)  (Read 11999 times)

THI

• Former member
Re: About game rules (slots, competition etc)
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »
@croatedmoney

u could be one of my customers. i love this ones, who do not care about terms of use.
grow up and you will see, how important in an adult's life are terms of use/terms of condition.

if you are an adult and you do not care about terms of use, i guess, you are not very wealthy
and maybe have some problems with mobile phone contracts, loan offices and so on....

terms of use / terms of condition are the most important thing in private/business. and a company,
which does not care about this, will have earlier or later huge problems, at least, if they become
bigger and other companies are searching ways, to make them problems.....

coatedmoney

• Former member
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 03:08:00 AM »
Thi...

To save your speculation mate... im a operations manger for a large juice chain in australia and worldwide, i personally run 12 individual sites.... so hate to say this to you

ITS A GAME

its not life... lol

THI

• Former member
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
i am sitting here in real life and playing that game.
to make such differences between real life and internet is not the best thing in europe...

by the way: this thread is finished. everything was clear, so there is no need to waste time with that anymore.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
stop it.

Kunterkula

• Former member
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 03:54:45 AM »
I will agree with THI and many others that the slots are a huge problem, and why I gave up paying for this game online, until you come up with a solution.

Sami's sole judgement cannot be how a business is executed.

The limitations/slot fees etc. must be revised to allow a more fair competition, not the timing of the slots.

For instance, if a company wants to reserve a slot 2 years in advance, they can pay a fee of $50m extra to make it happen. This open-market economy model would allow a better competition rule.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 04:06:31 AM »
The limitations/slot fees etc. must be revised to allow a more fair competition, not the timing of the slots.

For instance, if a company wants to reserve a slot 2 years in advance, they can pay a fee of $50m extra to make it happen. This open-market economy model would allow a better competition rule.

slots are given out by times in RL, and the problem is that airlines could just sit there with one plane, making millions and millions and suddenly, they reserve all the slots at LHR because the had the money to. UNFAIR. simple as that. ;)

edit:
new plan. Fill up LHR-cdg with 9 seats planes... Guess I need around 150 planes :) But its allowed to do it. Not slot whoring, Its my tac.
And again. Getting waring since i send a 150 plane 2 times daily on a 200 pax daily route is just GAY. I actualla need to get another airplane type so the route doest get "over supplyed"

Bah

;D I laughed when I read that. I think you're right though. getting dinged for 2x 150 on a 200pax/day route is gay. That's why I hate the AMB..... :P
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:45:18 AM by ICEcold »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 04:38:41 AM »
I will agree with THI and many others that the slots are a huge problem, and why I gave up paying for this game online, until you come up with a solution.

Sami's sole judgement cannot be how a business is executed.

I quit one game (JA2) because of slot situation as well, so I know where you are coming from.

If the demand at some airports is 2x or even 5x of what the slots allow to supply, you will never find a "fair" solution, only more and more convoluted one.  More rules, rules being increasingly ambiguous, requiring more administrative oversight.

Instead of futile search for fairness, how about just sidestepping the problem, and allowing slots to grow?  Yeah, in real life, it might be challenging to add a runway at, say,  New York LGA, one of the more challenging places, but even there it is not impossible.  AWS should have this flexibility as well to reduce player frustration.

I had to wait some 10 game years in my ATB game to get a slot at LHR...

Offline doing2030@hotmail.com

• Members
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 08:10:18 AM »
How about just banning or limiting the number of small planes an airline can run from certain airports?

If I ran Heathrow Airport and I managed to create an extra slot (just hypothetically) I would definately not give to a guy running a <50 pax, even if they won an auction or aquired it by any fair means, I would find a way to not give the slot to an airline, as airports revenue is highly correlated with pax numbers.

Therefore the solution is to limit or ban the number of <X seater planes out of these slot restricted airlines.

What do people think?

THI

• Former member
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »
the problem is:
in real life every airport would build new terminals and facilities to manage the demand.

here.... no. this are static data without any historical background (new terminal built -> more slots)
sami just counts back the slots f.e. from the year 2000 to 1970.........

n.f.c.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 10:00:40 AM »
here.... no. this are static data without any historical background (new terminal built -> more slots)

Like I've already said many times it would be nearly impossible to find such data globally for the past 50 years (even if talking only about the let's say 200 largest airports?). The amount of slots, like the number of passengers, in let's say 1960s is counted from number we know (= present day or near of it), and counted backwards by using various indexes and other math stuff..

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »
One solution for the slots problem would be a change to the pax distribution code that would make frequency less important and thus encouraging the use of larger planes. Larger planes would allow airlines to carry more pax without increasing slots.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »
first you should decide sami if it is a game or not.
IF it is a game: high demand -> airline investment possibility to build new terminal
IF you want to make it real -> take 5 students and send them to libraries all over.

but the way you solve it now is bad because it is not real and also not a game. it is just some confusing mix.

and before others attack me:
i have my opinion. this is democracy and we live in a free world. if you jabber again that i am the worst person on the planet, do it.
but do not attack my opinion. it is mine. i have my arguments. you have yours. everybody has his own opinion. and i do not want to
abuse anybody BUT i always say what i think.....

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 04:06:28 PM »
Welcome to the Internetz  ???

Talentz

THI

• Former member
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »
@taletz
... my english is not thaaaaaat bad.
we can speak in polish if you prefer that, or in russian, spanish or german.

vollpfos... du  >:(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
IF it is a game: high demand -> airline investment possibility to build new terminal

Building new terminals would have no effect on slot numbers (if that was your concern there). Runway capacity (etc) is usually what is the restricting factor...

Sorry, but I suppose if you are so confident that the current system is bad, then perhaps you could try to dig up all the info on let's say how 50-100 largest airports in the world were developed (runways, aprons, terminals) in the past 50 years to determine the true capacity for each year. Remember also to take into account the atc and flying procedures, local rules etc. I think you can easily understand that obtaining such data is simply not possible... Well, that was a bit of sarcasm there...

But more important would be to understand that is not even the idea either to mimic every step what has happened in real world to the furthest possible extent. Because that is not possible like I said. But AWS is not going to be "unrealistic" either by allowing airlines to build runways or anything like that either. It's a balance between various factors.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:52:14 PM by sami »

THI

• Former member
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »

Sorry, but I suppose if you are so confident that the current system is bad, then perhaps you could try to dig up all the info on let's say how 50-100 largest airports in the world were developed (runways, aprons, terminals) in the past 50 years to determine the true capacity for each year. Remember also to take into account the atc and flying procedures, local rules etc.

your job. not mine.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »
I think it is fine as is, to get current info, and go backwards in time to reduce the slots based on the start date of the game world.

But from this starting point, I would allow more flexibility in how slots grow.  As slots are used up, and only a very small percentage remain, I think the system should just add a slot, and increase the slot price.  It is a game after all.  Doing so would remove the #1 frusration item in AWS.

BTW, I should probably post this to Feature request, airports with high demand / slot ratio should have far higher slot prices that is currently the case.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »
jumboshrimp, great idea.  :)

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
Maybe exponential prices for how many slots you own.  It forces you to use slots wisely.  At Heathrow, a 3 plane airline (at LHR base) (-100 weekly slots) would pay $10,000 per day per slot.  A 30 plane airline would pay $100,000 per day per slot.  And a 300 plane airline would pay $1,000,000 per day per slot. 

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2010, 01:24:09 AM »
your job. not mine.

thomas he is doing his job, but you're making it difficult for him as you're constantly b****ing (sorry for the language sami) about the most insignificant things, like how many slots Atlanta or another airport in the US has. IT DOESN'T MATTER! if there's no slots, then DEAL WITH IT. I know I do, and when that happens, like it does in RL as well, I just work around it. I find an alternative. and if you want him to go and waste all his time to make your needs met, than why not do it yourself, to make his job easier. heck, he might even thank you for doing that. :-\

Cheers,
ICEcold

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.