Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: About game rules (slots, competition etc)  (Read 11991 times)

Talentz

• Former member
Re: About game rules (slots, competition etc)
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2010, 06:19:47 PM »
I think the next phase of improvements should go towards reducing the effect of frequency and improving other areas of the game (CI, RI, Fleet common ect). Creating a more balanced game is what should be in order, as I feel those are more urgent then slots and connecting pax.

As I hinted in another post, Sami's dilemma is now to "balance" the game without making the game easier for someone like me to dominate.

For the past year, the majority of the changes have been targeted at players like me (maybe even me specifically?  ;)) with the goal of reducing our ability to dominate freely. For the most part I have adapted to alot of the changes until V1.2 were the gap widened considerably. Since frequency is easy to use and so effective, the game is what you see today.

Once you remove/reduce freqency, the other factors come into play. This helps me more then it helps younger players. Reversing the changes the game has evolved too today.

I guess its sort of a catch-22. But were now at this stage in AWS. So the decision and ultimately the direction, will need to be decided on.

Talentz

jest

• Former member
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »
I think the next phase of improvements should go towards reducing the effect of frequency and improving other areas of the game (CI, RI, Fleet common ect). Creating a more balanced game is what should be in order, as I feel those are more urgent then slots and connecting pax.

Agreed 100%. I would say it is of the utmost urgency.

As I hinted in another post, Sami's dilemma is now to "balance" the game without making the game easier for someone like me to dominate.

Making this changes will not necessarily make the game easier for experienced players, because if the game follows a logical pattern newbies might be able to figure it out sooner

For the past year, the majority of the changes have been targeted at players like me (maybe even me specifically?  ;)) with the goal of reducing our ability to dominate freely. For the most part I have adapted to alot of the changes until V1.2 were the gap widened considerably. Since frequency is easy to use and so effective, the game is what you see today.

Here i can not agree Talentz, i am comfortably dominating MT2, using many of the rules that were implemented in 1.2 to my advantage. And i am doing so at an airport that does not allow bases.

Once you remove/reduce freqency, the other factors come into play. This helps me more then it helps younger players. Reversing the changes the game has evolved too today.

Talentz

Once again i agree 100% with your first statement. Not sure about your second though, i think several measures can be implemented to slow down the bigger airlines. In game mechanisms, NOT restrictions.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 02:50:03 AM »
Here i can not agree Talentz, i am comfortably dominating MT2, using many of the rules that were implemented in 1.2 to my advantage. And i am doing so at an airport that does not allow bases

Mmm what I was referring to was myself and the recent used market changes. I have never been a fan about jumping in line for new aircraft. I hate the idea of spending millions for aircraft that I'll get months/years down the road. I instead hit the used markets up and use that as a base strategy for expansion. The changes really benefit players who quickly throw themselfs in line first. In fact, if you want to up hold your dominance within your base, its a must. Before, you could slide by.

Some people will cry that changes were directed at me and others who hog used aircraft leaving everyone high and dry. I say too bad. It's not my fault I generally play AWS at odd times when the servers are slower. It's only natural that the used market is prime with aircraft during those times.

Granted I am one of the main reasons Sami continues to change the "random release aircraft date" every so often. But hey, if everyone would sit down for 5mins and think about the pattens I'm sure even ya'll would figure it out eventually...

All in all its not like I can't run the same strategies that everyone seems fond of these days. I just choose a different route which over time has become much harder to control. Reduce the effects of frequency and watch as my anti-competition complaints rise once again :)

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.