Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cant wait to see C checks  (Read 1858 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Cant wait to see C checks
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
So many of the players in this game hoarded OLD planes.  

I personally can't wait to see what happens when the C checks all work themselves out over the next 2-3 days.   It will be interesting with the current setup.  

I see a lot of airlines in huge cash crunches with over 15 722as.  At over a million per C check, will we see the bankruptcy of many airlines or not???   

We shall see.

Just as an edit... some of the "larger" airlines leased a ton of old long haul planes.  Some of those DC10s cost 4 million per C check.  That cost and the plane not flying for a month really got to take a toll.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:18:28 PM by swiftus27 »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Cant wait to see C checks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:27:55 PM »
Sometimes it is clever to use old aircraft to earn $20 Million a year and pay $2 Million for maintenance instead of earning $0 over a year and pay $0 for maintenance.

Oh, wait. Flying aircraft generating profit is always much more clever than not flying aircraft.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
Sometimes it is clever to use old aircraft to earn $20 Million a year and pay $2 Million for maintenance instead of earning $0 over a year and pay $0 for maintenance.

Oh, wait. Flying aircraft generating profit is always much more clever than not flying aircraft.

This is easily understood, Curse...

Its just that these same airlines (in this game) have now borrowed a TON of money and are often very cash poor.  When you need to start shelling out many millions all at once, this could often lead to many more issues if your bank account is way in the red. 

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »
A negative value doesn't say one has no cash on hand. The problems start if you are deep in loans, have no cash in hand, making no profit and have serveral C-Checks at one time.

But if this happens and an airline goes bankrupt it deserved it  ;D

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 04:04:55 PM »
A negative value doesn't say one has no cash on hand. The problems start if you are deep in loans, have no cash in hand, making no profit and have serveral C-Checks at one time.

But if this happens and an airline goes bankrupt it deserved it  ;D

I agree 100%.  

Sure, I know a neg value means their assets are less than their liabilities.  That part is easy.  

I am just saying that many airlines, especially those flying intl routes, are extremely cash poor at the moment.  It only takes 3-4 of those planes to hit C check for that to really start to hurt big time.  

The first C check time usually knocks out a few airlines.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 04:22:07 PM »
Basically I never wanted to say you are not right, so let's see who will disappear  :) Hope I'm not on the list  ;D

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:46 PM »
No one "deserves" to get knocked out. Just be careful! ::)

jest

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 12:42:24 AM »
My DC10's net me something like 1 million a week. Souldnt that be enough to pay for the c Check ?

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
My DC10's net me something like 1 million a week. Souldnt that be enough to pay for the c Check ?

Sure as long as you have no/limited competition.  If/when you do, watch out: your LFs will plummet and so will the profits.  That's not a disaster if you have cash on hand, but if the C checks occur when you are in the middle of expansion, for instance, then it could be trouble.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.