Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unfair competition?  (Read 1619 times)

nicksabatino

• Former member
Unfair competition?
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »
Hi I'm new to the game so I don't really know all the rules.

I just opened a new airline and started a new route with no pre-existing supply. About an hour or so later, another large airline in the same base doubled my capacity on the route, even though I was already satisfying demand. Is this legal? It seems to me that if everybody did this, no new airlines would be able to open after the first day or two of the game.

Thanks!

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Unfair competition?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:31:15 PM »
Which route?

Unfortunately my crystall ball is broken, so I have to ask this  ;)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »
No, it's not legal, and frowned upon.

From the Rules:

The game worlds receive new players and airlines on regular basis. The longer the game world has been active the more likely it is that a new airline will be based to an airport with one or more other airlines already operating from. In such cases the owners of the existing airlines should keep in mind that coordinated attacks or other uncompetitive ways to use their power as a larger or more dominant airline may be disallowed.

Any coordinated "attacks" by single airlines, alliances, or by any other group of airlines, to prevent some airline from operating on a route or to deliberately push some airline out of the simulation are not allowed. Competition is generally free in the sim but any clearly unfair competition measures such as flying routes with huge overcapacity and with very low prices and deliberately targeting many/all routes of a single airline are considered unfair competition, especially if the "target" is a new / small airline.

nicksabatino

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
I was just asking if this is allowed, that's all. It doesn't seem fair that an incumbent airline intentionally sets up routes to bankrupt brand new ones, even if they don't put 200% on the route. Anyways, the route is LHR <-> YYC.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »
Hm, the route to Heathrow is always very interesting for each airline.

Also you haven't fullfilled demand on this route, so in my opinion it's no unfair action. And for sure it's not against the rules.

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:06:27 AM »
Thats life.   Take it like a man  :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.