Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot Costs  (Read 2769 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Slot Costs
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:42:14 PM »
Wow... scheduling one plane cost me almost 600k!

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Slot Costs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
I have noticed that the slots seem quite pricey in this game... although I haven't spent that much! Maybe it's to deter people from slot hogging with a bunch of fokkers.... yes I said FOKKERS ;)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
Same costs as in EC2 and ATB in my opinion.

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 04:47:26 PM »
I think they seem high too,  $32k for a week of off-peak slots at Dublin, that's high for a new airline.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 04:53:33 PM »
I have noticed that the slots seem quite pricey in this game... although I haven't spent that much! Maybe it's to deter people from slot hogging with a bunch of fokkers.... yes I said FOKKERS ;)

Personally, I have no problem using Fokkers at airports that make sense to use them.   ALL of the T2 airports at cities with a major intl airports at them already.   London, Chicago, Paris, New York .... just to name a few....  all have airports where these planes were literally designed to fly into and out of.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
I don't have a problem with them either, but some people do complain a lot about people using them to eat up the slots at popular airports... making them more expensive may be a method of putting people off doing that so that airports like LHR don't fill up in a matter of days like they often do.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »
I don't have a problem with them either, but some people do complain a lot about people using them to eat up the slots at popular airports... making them more expensive may be a method of putting people off doing that so that airports like LHR don't fill up in a matter of days like they often do.

100% agreement.  Those planes should be at City and Stans instead.

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
Disagree

This is a game, a tactical game like chess, the one with the most slots at LHR takes LHR eventually, if he manoeuvres properly, its about being succesful and getting to the top, by any means possible. Why do you single out LHR, because of the curfew and soo few slots, go complain to the queen.........!

Many airports traffic and airlines are highly unlikely too, but thats why its a GAME.  We try mimic reality in some places and excuse other behaviour as not being able to fit a game into reality by opening routes in 1996 to all vacants demand LF's, totally unreal too!!

LHR, limited slots, the last thing you want is 1000 airlines flying there, and you cannot get out with your new ordered 747's etc, because every Tom, d***, Harry and his mother want a route to LHR.  Swiftus, you have been around along time, thought you would have given up on this pursuit of F27's, maybe you should try ban then totally from the game, you obviously dont like them, but I am sure alot of aircraft you have operated you dont like either, its a game man, we are only lucky we are still able to call the airports by there real name, if we had to rename them because of infringements laws, it would not mean anything to you if LHR had F27's and was call Circusthrow!

F27s are a means to an end, just like every aircraft and route you fly.

JM

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »
"How to hog slots right if not being based at EGLL?"

Order this very cool book now! Written by CEO Curse of King Airways, the most successful slot trader in the world of AirwaySim. Only $49.99!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
Disagree

This is a game, a tactical game like chess, the one with the most slots at LHR takes LHR eventually, if he manoeuvres properly, its about being succesful and getting to the top, by any means possible. Why do you single out LHR, because of the curfew and soo few slots, go complain to the queen.........!

Many airports traffic and airlines are highly unlikely too, but thats why its a GAME.  We try mimic reality in some places and excuse other behaviour as not being able to fit a game into reality by opening routes in 1996 to all vacants demand LF's, totally unreal too!!

Swiftus, you have been around along time, thought you would have given up on this pursuit of F27's, maybe you should try ban then totally from the game, you obviously dont like them, but I am sure alot of aircraft you have operated you dont like either, its a game man, we are only lucky we are still able to call the airports by there real name, if we had to rename them because of infringements laws, it would not mean anything to you if LHR had F27's and was call Circusthrow!

F27s are a means to an end, just like every aircraft and route you fly.

JM

Um, dude, look at what I am using in this game.  I have F.27s right now.  I am in Laguardia, an airport designed for them.  
I just find slot whoring abhorrent.  Sorry.  I just do.  It is against the spirit of this game.  I know many disagree, and it won't change what I think.  Good thing this specific game alters that with the 600k it costs to fly 6 routes per day! (as I said atop this thread when I was discussing my F.27, ironically).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:23:18 PM by swiftus27 »

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »
Oh Swiftus. If you really want to have fun, wait until such an EGLL-Slot-Hogger starts and then be fast and grab all his slots and give them away to other airlines or fly them by yourself. It won't take long and the slot hogger runs to sami and complains about your game style  ;D  It's the most possible fun in AWS  :)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
I say anything goes for all flights under 200nm...

Pavlov

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 10:10:56 PM »
How is it possible that 7 slots at CPH cost between $80.000 - 112.000? Comparing to CDG $7.000; AMS $8.500; FRA $6.300. What happened to supply & demand?

Edit:
7 slots @LHR 6AM: $380.000?! Are we serious?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:13:30 PM by CX920 »

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
How is it possible that 7 slots at CPH cost between $80.000 - 112.000? Comparing to CDG $7.000; AMS $8.500; FRA $6.300. What happened to supply & demand?

Edit:
7 slots @LHR 6AM: $380.000?! Are we serious?

The slot costs, and the reasons they change, are described for you when setting up the route.  They are dependent on what plane you are using, how many existing flights you have on that route, what time of the day your flight is, and what marketshare you have at the respective airports.  Sometimes a route may be virtually free to setup, other times it can cost you millions.

And, in real-life, slots at LHR are valued at tens of millions of dollars EACH, so I think 7 of them for $380K is quite a steal really.

Even in previous games, a single 7-day route could cost me almost a million bucks sometimes.  I expect we'll see much higher than that this game, which is a good thing, as it's far more realistic.  Not only in terms of the direct costs, but one must also consider the huge costs just in months and months of labor devoted to negotiating slot contracts in real-life that we completely avoid here.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 12:03:33 AM »
"How to hog slots right if not being based at EGLL?"

Order this very cool book now! Written by CEO Curse of King Airways, the most successful slot trader in the world of AirwaySim. Only $49.99!

lol. Paypal, or cashier check.  :P
No replacement for displacement

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 12:51:13 AM »
Serious? PayPal Code.

Offline Minto Typhoon

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 07:07:51 AM »

Can I pay for the book in used unsequential mongolian dinar?

If yes, I'll leave the money in the trash can on the corner of 27th and 6th at 11:58 tomorrow.

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »
Deal!  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.