Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] 1cr charge to change airline name in game  (Read 1197 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
[ok] 1cr charge to change airline name in game
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
See the subject field.  I really don't see a reason why it can't happen.  Perhaps make the first one free?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:14:49 PM by sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: 1cr charge to change airline name in game
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »
Let's ask the other way around - why yes?  (apart for me getting moaaar credits .. which is irrelevant in this matter :p)     Since you can already spend game money to that. Or are those rules too strict with image loss and everything?

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »
Let's ask the other way around - why yes?  (apart for me getting moaaar credits .. which is irrelevant in this matter :p)     Since you can already spend game money to that. Or are those rules too strict with image loss and everything?

It is quite harsh to not be able to change your mind about your airline name without in-game penalties. It could be just a technical change of a string in the database instead of a "rebranding" occurring in the game world.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »
hmm.. I am already going to add a popup list of all airline names taken to the signup / airline creation page. And how about adding free rebranding for the first 6 months in operation?

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
Re-branding possibility when joining an alliance.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:44:05 PM »
I think re-branding should have an effect on your CI, but at the moment it drops too much. Perhaps it could be reduced by 10 points rather than dropped all the way down to CI=10. That way, paying for the re-branding in game would be a more viable option. As it is, if you have a company image of say 70, dropping down to 10 is a killer!

flydreamer

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 04:05:02 AM »
I think re-branding should have an effect on your CI, but at the moment it drops too much. Perhaps it could be reduced by 10 points rather than dropped all the way down to CI=10. That way, paying for the re-branding in game would be a more viable option. As it is, if you have a company image of say 70, dropping down to 10 is a killer!

couldn't agree more! :P

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »

I agree. Also, closing airline for a week don't make much sense. That doesn't happen in RW.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 02:14:44 PM »
Added with new layout

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: [ok] 1cr charge to change airline name in game
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Love seeing my 3 year old feature requests reappear!  lol

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
Just to get one thing straight:

You'll now charge 1cr INSTEAD of game cash, and CI will NOT reset to 10!?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »
that's what it sounds like.   Microtransactions!   

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »
Canīt wait to see the first reports of misusing this new feature by rebranding bi-weekly for stealth or whatever reason.
It surely makes sense for new livery or minor changes of name , but a complete change without any hits for CI ?
In real life you have to run expensive campaigns before and after changing a known brand name, otherwise nobody knows itīs the same product . What about the costs of suddenly changing aircraft liveries (you canīt fly with two completely different names), stewardess outfits, signs, marketing articles and know-how of marketing companies for the new campaign slogans ? It really should need game money to finance that,relatively to how big that company is and for how long the old name was valid.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:42:01 AM by exchlbg »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 12:51:03 AM »
Just want to ask if we're able to change name, is it possible to change the 2 and 3 digit airline code, too?

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 01:36:57 AM »
Canīt wait to see the first reports of misusing this new feature by rebranding bi-weekly for stealth or whatever reason.
It surely makes sense for new livery or minor changes of name , but a complete change without any hits for CI ?
In real life you have to run expensive campaigns before and after changing a known brand name, otherwise nobody knows itīs the same product . What about the costs of suddenly changing aircraft liveries (you canīt fly with two completely different names), stewardess outfits, signs, marketing articles and know-how of marketing companies for the new campaign slogans ? It really should need game money to finance that,relatively to how big that company is and for how long the old name was valid.

Indeed there are costs related to this, but I think CI should not be fixed down to 10. Maybe make it a 25% hit or so, but e.g. 100->10 is unrealistic...

I'd like to keep the costs as they are, just change the CI hit. This is basically the first step to "pay for advantage" where we'll be able to get slots, a/c, and ingame money for credits.... not implying this would happen, but it is a step in that direction.

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 11:24:17 AM »
we're simply talking about changing the name of an airline in the sim.  If someone wants to pay the equivalent of a weeks worth of gaming, let them.

ReedME

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
Also realise that real world airlines tend to do name changes progressively. Take virgin Australia for example. Up until this year it was Virgin Blue heck 80% of their planes still sport the virgin blue livery but progressively it is becoming known as virgin Australia . A 25% CI hit would be far more appropriate given that its not like the old airline instantly disappears and is replaced by unknown abc

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
I honestly see no need for any penalties at all.   Just show the name history.   It will be more embarrassing for them to have everyone know they spent 10 cr on name changes during the course of a game.   I bet only a handful of people actually use this feature.   

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.