Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: more realism please sami  (Read 2017 times)

THI

• Former member
more realism please sami
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
i am a bit surprised, that the quality issue is not measured in this game. it does not matter if jet age or atb.
BUT: it is not possible, that an airline from LHR has that success in 1971 with soviet world war bombers. it is just ridicolous. i am sorry sami, but you should take a look at that in the next version. i am sure: if you provide a 747 with premium seats and 20% higher price, ALL would fly with that 747 and not with that antique scrap.

you are a pilot. so. you know that people are looking scared, if they have to fly today f.e. with an old 734 to turkey or with a 727 to jordan (i was flying a chartered one from jordan aviation service and it was NOT funny).
just read articles about SKY HAVA YOLLARI. this airline is just surviving, because they sell tickets from germany to antalya for 60 bucks (one way). otherwise, they would not have any chance to survive.

it should be that way: to get app. 100% LF
a/c age (new): price: 100$ (regular) 150 for premiumseats
a/c age (15yrs old): price 50$ (regular) and 100 for premiumseats
a/c age (> 20 yrs)  price 20$ (regular) and 50 for premiumseats

the same with old soviet world war bombers. turboprop for long haul is a NO GO ! and there is no person who knows that better than you sami. to get the 100% LF the price MUST be MUCH lower than regular because normal people would not fly with that in the 70s.

I am right or not ?

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: more realism please sami
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
In fact there should be solved another problem first.

If you are based at EGLL and hog slots it is ok and everybody is proud of what you do. If you are based at another city and hog slots at EGLL for the 95% of airlines can not flying there because of the actions the player there is doing, you are a very bad guy.

However, I seem forward to next slot upgrade at EGLL. I will not hogging slots, but due to competition I must replace all my DC-8, DC-10 and B747 with B727, B737 and NAMC to increase frequency.

Edit: And don't tell me the player who is based there has priority. If this would be so, than I'm waiting for 100% of the KLAX and KEWR slots. I would than release all my EGLL slots immediately  ;D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:01:37 PM by Curse »

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 02:56:55 AM »
i am a bit surprised, that the quality issue is not measured in this game. it does not matter if jet age or atb.
BUT: it is not possible, that an airline from LHR has that success in 1971 with soviet world war bombers. it is just ridicolous. i am sorry sami, but you should take a look at that in the next version. i am sure: if you provide a 747 with premium seats and 20% higher price, ALL would fly with that 747 and not with that antique scrap.

While I generally agree about the degree of unrealism of a Soviet turbo-prop dominated long hauler out of LHR, and am in no way defending the carrier in question, the Tu-114 was hardly as antique in 1971 as you seem to think.  The variant was launched in 1956 (a year after the 707-120), so was only 15 years old in 1971. Out of date certainly, but hardly antique scrap, and the average age of the a/c in question is only 5 years.  It may not reflect the reality of LHR's evolution in reality [nor historical geo-politics], but I think we ought to applaud the creativity of an airline that can make a Soviet Cold War era bomber its very successful long haul mainstay in western Europe's busiest airport.  It shows what you can do in this game if you think outside of the usual categories.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »
but normally you should not think outside the real life.
sami is providing f.e. a cooperate service for people, who are working in this industry.
in my opinion he tries, to make it as realistic, as possible.

and this fact is (sorry for that) really poor !
to applaud, yes, but just that we all saw, that this version is not the final, thats all.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »
but normally you should not think outside the real life.

Yes you should, to some extent at least.. The idea is not to mimic reality to the furthest possible extent, but rather doing your own moves and trying out own strategies is and should be allowed.

However there has been talks about banning the purchase of russian planes in cold war era for west countries, and also vice-versa. There's a thread about this in feature rq. forum.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
It shows what you can do in this game if you think outside of the usual categories.

Wrong.

It shows what you can do if you own all slots and thanks to this you have no competition on 85% on your long-haul routes.

That this is the absolute key feature you see how fast such a player is talking to sami if somebody does the same as he does ... going for the slots.  ;D

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »
It shows what you can do if you own all slots and thanks to this you have no competition on 85% on your long-haul routes.

True.  But I don't believe he started the game with no competition at LHR.  :o  However unrealistic it is to use the Tu-114 out of a western European airport (and it is, and I agree that Cold War realities ought eventually to be modeled into the game), the a/c is intended as a long haul carrier and that is how it is being used. If it was an effective strategy to secure a dominant position at LHR and it is allowed by the rules then we can't really complain that someone used it (no matter how much the player in question may themselves complain about the practices of others). Its not like he's using up all the slots with F27s (although.... I seem to remember that was tried in a previous game.... :laugh:)

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 02:50:41 PM »
There was one competitor left because lacking time.

And he don't uses F27. He uses Convair... some times 80% of his fleet where small CV props  :)

But, as said, I think it's ok if other players have the some possibility. But it is not ok to run to sami whine about somebody hogs slots while doing the same....

THI

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »
@sami
u dont have to be aaaaaaaall time right  ;D deep inside you, you know i am right.  :D
but i must tell you, it is very good to forbid soviet a/c in cold war times.

BUT: you also should customize the fuel prizes 90% lower in the soviet union.
then it really makes sense to play in the eastern block without boeing.
the yak40 makes either no sense with 30$/k.

and sami. did you know that aire carribean (based in havana) has yak40 in this times >?????
you also should subvensionate (i hope it is the right english word  ;D ) fuel in dictatorships like cuba and
north korea, lybiya or venezuela.......

greetings
thomas

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
Thomas, these are all things we've discussed already.

They simply just aren't that high on Sami's list. 

Be patient.  This game has come far in the ~2 years I've been on board.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
i did not say do it do it do it now.....
do not put words in my mouth please, i did not say  >:(

he has time as long as he wants and as long the players accept that bugs.
it is his way to plan and program and manage new versions.
if players are quiet and do not say anything, then, then it is bad because
changes never happen.

lets see, how the alliance challenge will work  :D
hope to have that much fun, like in jetage.

Offline LoonyToony

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
In my very very humble opinion... *caugh*

When you base at those airports, in the current situation, you KNOW you will have slot issues. Although in The Jet Age at this moment it's hard to find any slots at any major airport. Even Amsterdam and Frankfurt are congested. Nothing wrong with that.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
it is not about slots.
it is about reality.

we do not have to discuss, that a tupolev world war bomber is not usable for one of the biggest airports in the world in 1971. nearly all british passengers would boykott that s***

thats my last comment on this thread. it is timewasting to discuss.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
Oh THI, don't be so aggressive. We could be very glad it's not a player like you, me, carrisi, Brockster etc. who is based there with all those slots and no competition on most routes.

THI

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »
i did not want to write something about this issue.... sometimes, i forget it is a game.
when i see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwjwnQXZOqU this, i remember it is just a game.
just replace yorkshire with caledonian, and you have reeeeeeeeaaaaal fun  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.