Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Question about premium seats  (Read 1108 times)

Offline heja_bjorn

• Members
Question about premium seats
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »
In my airline I have 17 B764 and 13 B773 aircrafts, mainly for long haul flights. All aircrafts are fitted with premium seats in both economy and business class, no first class. The B764 carry 244 pax in total (Y224, C20) and the B773 308 pax (Y288, C20). Is it necessary to use premium seats in economy on long haul routes (4500-7500 nm) to maintain high company image or should I reconfigure to standard seats in Y-class? Please give me all pros and cons of having premium seats in economy...

• Former member
Re: Question about premium seats
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
I feel that premium economy isn't really worth it. The computer doesn't recognize they should cost more, although you can charge more, but I've found in general its best just stick with standard Y seats. IPremium Y more of pain in the butt than anything else. Perhaps, if you have the money, just expand C class or just always use the default Y class fare. It would be one thing if fares for premium economy fares were set up on airwaysim to automatically have a higher price, but alas, the game does know the difference between Y and Premium Y. Thats been my experience. And the gain in CI was minimal at best. Others may have different opinions though, but mine is that premium Y isn't worth it.

• Former member
Re: Question about premium seats
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »
I agree with L1011Fan about the minimal impact on CI.  Premium economy is most useful when you need an edge over a competitor.  When two airlines with similar a/c fly the same route there is a significant competitive advantage to the one using Premium seats: then it is worth it.  If there is demand to fill the plane in standard economy and light competition on the route then it is probably not worth the lost revenue to use premium even if your LF will be lower (because of the preferrance of Pax for the leg room and comfy cushions, and the fewer seats to fill when configured to premium).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.