Alliance Challenge - information and subscription

Started by Sami, August 02, 2010, 02:26:55 PM

Curse

Quote from: LostInBKK on August 16, 2010, 11:35:53 PM
WTF that information should be in your own Alliance thread.

To put informations about your starting airports in our Alliance Thread, please send me the list via PM. Thanks a lot.   :)

Jona L.

Quote from: Curse on August 16, 2010, 11:28:03 PM
Maybe it would help if you post here in which player which HQ and which bases wants to use, so we could better think about some scoring system....  :-[

NO!?

This keeps away the advantage of the hidden attack... this way you don't know who your competition will be, so you can't now try to find his/her strategies...

Also, I DISAGREE with jetexpress... players choose their bases, and by now, it should be know which airports are available as bases, and which not... so you just pick an airport big enough, and do your hubs somewhere else...

another thing about hubs: maybe rise the limit of planes/base? like say... 125?

Jona L.

powi

If the score is based on bankruptcies only everybody should start on medium airports, far away from others. Doesn't really encourage competition. There's also huge potential that alliances will try to bankrupt chosen rival airlines, which is banned by the rules.

And personally I think it is no challenge at all to try to not bankrupt...

Sami

The scoring system will be based on a combination of suggestions made here. Roughly so that there are fixed/cumulative points and then variable points, which are added together to form the total score.

- Cumulative points are gained from every year the alliance is operational, lost from bankrupted members, staff strikes, and maintenance violations.
- Variable points are counted each day based on various in-game statistics, and points are given to top-10 or 20 airlines of each statistical area (if the airline belongs to some alliance). Stats would be for example profit margin, LF% and similar which measure how efficient the airline is, not necessarily how big and global it is (although some of these stats will be included too, like transported paxes).

Scores will be visible on alliance listing page, and this update will be implemented also to all other games.

LostInBKK

OK Excellent the scoring is sorted ;D

So do we have a start date and time for the game?

Cheers

Greig

NorgeFly

Quote from: sami on August 15, 2010, 07:52:23 PM

* Game world will open on Thursday 19th Aug, at approx. 10.00 UTC. A standard 24h turn will be held (remember also that you don't have to be online at that starting hour as the first turn is 24hrs and used a/c market is refreshed on regular intervals...).

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Jona L. on August 17, 2010, 03:30:14 AM

another thing about hubs: maybe rise the limit of planes/base? like say... 125?

Jona L.

I think it would be a good idea in every game, unless different sizes of bases is introduced.  With one type of base (fairly expensive one in terms of overhead), it takes more planes to justify opening a base.

If the base is heavily contested one, it takes quite a lot of planes to be able to use frequency as a weapon - hence more, smaller planes.  With limited number of planes, it is hard to compete with an incumbent player.

swiftus27

just made this to stir the pot only.... this is all me and nothing else. 

ha ha

[attachment expired]

Seattle

I like it! Now if someone could make that into our logo....... ;D ;)                               
Founder of the Star Alliance!

jest

Quote from: sami on August 17, 2010, 10:47:20 AM
The scoring system will be based on a combination of suggestions made here. Roughly so that there are fixed/cumulative points and then variable points, which are added together to form the total score.

- Cumulative points are gained from every year the alliance is operational, lost from bankrupted members, staff strikes, and maintenance violations.
- Variable points are counted each day based on various in-game statistics, and points are given to top-10 or 20 airlines of each statistical area (if the airline belongs to some alliance). Stats would be for example profit margin, LF% and similar which measure how efficient the airline is, not necessarily how big and global it is (although some of these stats will be included too, like transported paxes).

Scores will be visible on alliance listing page, and this update will be implemented also to all other games.

System seems fine, however i dont think profit margin should be factored though. I have the wealthiest airline at MT2 and my profit margin is always close to 0%. Erhhh, i am allergic to paying taxes you know, most probably something i inherited from real life.  :)

Sigma

Quote from: jest on August 17, 2010, 10:35:06 PM
System seems fine, however i dont think profit margin should be factored though. I have the wealthiest airline at MT2 and my profit margin is always close to 0%. Erhhh, i am allergic to paying taxes you know, most probably something i inherited from real life.  :)

I think it's fine as a component of the score.  That way, while you choose to focus on some other component, someone else can focus on their profit margin and you both get some 'points' for it.  That way a multitude of methods of operating are all viable.  At least in theory.  Without knowing how the scoring is really broken-down, it's hard to say what, if any, method(s) is/are "best".

Talentz

Sounds ok for me. My only other question is will players get more then 4 bankruptcies?

Talentz

NorgeFly

Quote from: Talentz on August 17, 2010, 11:48:11 PM
Sounds ok for me. My only other question is will players get more then 4 bankruptcies?

Talentz

I think only one BK should be allowed in this game

Talentz

5 Credits... 1 Chance... Alliance Challenge!

Who's number one now?

Something like that?  :laugh:

-Albert

NorgeFly

Quote from: Talentz on August 18, 2010, 12:21:23 AM

5 Credits... 1 Chance... Alliance Challenge!

Who's number one now?

Something like that?  :laugh:

-Albert

Absolutely!  :laugh:

although with one bankruptcy, you'd be allowed a second chance... lets not be too harsh ;)

JumboShrimp

I am not sure why everyone is so concerned with bankruptcies.  If someone goes BK, he has lost a LOT of time, which is enough of a punishment, IMO.

oggie84

Quote from: JumboShrimp on August 18, 2010, 12:58:37 AM
I am not sure why everyone is so concerned with bankruptcies.  If someone goes BK, he has lost a LOT of time, which is enough of a punishment, IMO.

and cost his alliance alot of points!.....Only if we could introduce a "beating" system then i'd galdly whip my boys into shape before that was allowed to happen!

ICEcoldair881

Seattle

I've probably missed it..... but what time period are we talking here?
Founder of the Star Alliance!