Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A question about old 737 200s  (Read 677 times)

Offline Marksw76

• Members
A question about old 737 200s
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
I'm thinking of leasing an older 737 to get me started on another route that I have my eye on. The main thing is that i dont want to spend a great deal a month on the lease. The idea being that I'll withdrawn the old 737 after only a year, but I have a couple of questions regarding an 18 year old plane

1) How much will it affect CI overall (I am a new airline in this game)?
2) If the condition is high (between 95% and 100%) will it still end up having more technical problems?
3) Is it better to wait and get a newer plane? particularly for a start up airline

I have done the maths so i know that maintanence will be a lot more but it will still work out cheaper than a 4 year old 737

What do people think?

Offline Tiberius

• Members
Re: A question about old 737 200s
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Well I used 737-200adv exclusively for quite some time.  My CI got up somewhere in the 80's, and I made very good money.  I did it for the same reasons you are, cheap leases, and I ended up buying them when I used the aircraft for a few years.

Maintenance is very expensive on some of them.  Be especially careful about the D checks, and try to space out the C checks and make sure they are a ways down the road so you can save up some cash.

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
I started my airline with those 737-200Adv. They are quite good, actually. You will just not have that flexibility of 1 type = diferent capacities that other generations provide you, with the 732 you will be stuck to 120 (max. 136). The 300/400/500 series will allow you to have 120/126/162. NG series is even better, that 739 gives you 180 standard Y seats. You also have to mind the fuel issue. Prices vary between 150$ and 250$ / ton. now, but they might be >$500 in the future, everything can happen and you've got to be prepared. You find just 97 732 in operation and that number will tend to decrease to zero, so it means you won't find any more 732 on the used market. Mind the maintenance costs and possible extra commonality costs while migrating to a newer generation of aircraft.

Hope this helps you with a decision. :)

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »
Having started with ATR72s, I have moved into jets with 737-200s, primarily due to low lease costs (and lack of 733s available for lease) in order to operate longer routes.  I make sure that any I lease have had D-Checks recently, and ideally at least 8 months to C-Check, and under 20yo on leasing.  I reseat to 10C/102Y, as this suits my routes which have some C seat demand.

I am acquiring 733s as they appear but lease costs are a lot higher, which in the current time more than offsets the lower fuel use of the newer aircraft.  At this stage, I cannot afford to tie up $5m+ in lease fees for 7 months for a new a/c.

MD

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.