Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: International Demand from smaller stations  (Read 1061 times)

COUGAR

• Former member
International Demand from smaller stations
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
Does the demand model in AWS take into account introduction of direct non-stop flights from regional airports to international stations by correspondingly decreasing the demand from a major Hub airport nearby?

for eg.. introduction of a direct flight from a regional airport TRZ to SIN should (like in real life) reduce demand correspondingly on the MAA-SIN as well as TRZ-MAA routes?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: International Demand from smaller stations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:52:45 AM »
No.

Demand in AWS is airport-to-airport specific.  You cannot "steal" demand from nearby airports.

That feature is at the very least over a year away, if it ever gets working at all.

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
Sort of a linked question.  I have looked at demand from my base in Ireland to the US, but it shows as zero.  While at present there are no real-world flights on the routes, history has shown that service provision creates demand (who would have thought Kerry - Hahn would be a goer 15 years ago?)  My question is therefore, does provision of a service create demand as it would in the real world?

MD

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Sort of a linked question.  I have looked at demand from my base in Ireland to the US, but it shows as zero.  While at present there are no real-world flights on the routes, history has shown that service provision creates demand (who would have thought Kerry - Hahn would be a goer 15 years ago?)  My question is therefore, does provision of a service create demand as it would in the real world?

MD

Nope.  Demand being zero is just that -- zero.

But if there is some demand it will grow over time and excess service at cheap rates supposedly (one of those things that'd be impossible to prove, I can only go by what has been claimed in the past) drives this increase up a bit faster.  But it's still a small growth, it's not some overnight "Southwest Effect" where demand goes from 20 to 200 a night just because there's cheap service.

COUGAR

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
another related question: from smaller stations there are a number of long haul routes (>2500 nm) that show an average daily demand of ~30: thus weekly demand of 210 odd.  Would deploying 2x weekly A319's tap this demand?

that is to say: is the day wise demand flexible through the week?

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »
It's on a daily basis, so 30pax/day will not add to 60pax/2days etc.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.