Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: B99  (Read 1103 times)

coopdogyo

• Former member
B99
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong but how can an unpressurized plane cruise at 24,000 feet?
The Beech 99 is a twin engine, unpressurized commuter turboprop, derived from earlier Beechcraft King Air and Queen Air. The B99 model has increased seating capacity, and also higher takeoff weight for improved range.

Online ArcherII

• Members
Re: B99
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
Well, I don't know game-wise for the B99 but IRL the very early Piper Navajo (PA-31-310) was unpressurized but its ceiling was about 25000 ft. The thing is that you could actually fly at that altitude (FL250 to be correct) while using oxygen masks, since the plane is equiped with an oxygen bottle. I don't know the real numbers anymore, but if you flew alone you'd have nearly 5 hours of oxygen, but at full capacity your O2 deadline was reduced to 1hr.
Maybe 24000 ft is the optimal cruising speed of the aircaft, but I doubt it would climb that high since most of the ops are quite short in range.

BigBarron

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »
JUst a lil FYI trash here..

Cruise speed: 205 knots
Range: 910 nm (1,048 mi, 1,686 km) at 216 mph (347 km/h) at 8,000 ft  (2,440 m)
Service ceiling: 26,200 ft (7,988 m)
Rate of climb: 1,700 ft/min (8.63 m/s)

In 1984, the Beechcraft 1900, a pressurized 19-passenger airplane, was the follow on aircraft.

If you will look the best range/speed for this aircraft was at 8000 feet at 216 mph so its typical flight profile was around 9000 to 11000 feet. LOL..I mean the plane was an ad hoc abortion of spare parts...Queen Aire Wings and King Aire Engines and nacelles...anyways...I couldnt find a Dash-10 on it but the specs are from Wikipedia...and you will notice that a preasurized version didnt show up till 1984.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
Well, flying at 24,000 at least makes pax not being able to complain a lot during flight... Always look on the bright side of life, coopy!

Denis

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »
Well, flying at 24,000 at least makes pax not being able to complain a lot during flight... Always look on the bright side of life, coopy!

Denis

I've read a very funny saying in German, "Cargo motzt nicht, Cargo kotzt nicht"

It rhymes and means something like "Cargo doesn't grumble, Cargo doesn't puke!"

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:27 AM »
Yipp, an old saying...   ;D

Well, coopy has always had a hand for those special pax satisfactions. I still suspect him to not even offer seats on his flights in aws... He uses cargo boxes to stuff pax in and needs the altitude to keep pax from remembering the flight experience with Air Ryania. That is why he prefers to start in places like Pakistan, India, Egypt, or China, especially in early times games, where there is no regulation and Western destinations officials can easily be bribed as usual...

Just a suspicion...

Denis

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »

Denis

you can save money on not needing flight attendants too!

but in all honesty, the problem is that this airplane is a part of a group that has a pressurized plane and Sami just used the stats from that one.

Saivu

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
you can save money on not needing flight attendants too!

but in all honesty, the problem is that this airplane is a part of a group that has a pressurized plane and Sami just used the stats from that one.

and he does mix specs from various models. which is pretty f***ing annoying when you look at the history of some AC why they failed etc.
some planes that had obvious flaws for real life operation become the dream AC in AWS. :)

cruising at FL240 is fine, ur passengers might die. but who cares about that? :) wonder if he has simulated the decrease of PAX demand :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.