Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: AE engines  (Read 1006 times)

Offline ArcherII

• Members
AE engines
« on: July 31, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this question.
Well, I currently have 7 SA20 and 1 ordered. Looking at fleet commonality, specially at the engine type, it appears that the turboprop used by my Saabs are part of the AE family. Does this means that if I bring an ERJ with AE-3007 turbofans (Saab's are AE-2100), would also count as in the AE family?
I won't spend a year lease of an ERJ to find out, so please can anybody ease my wonder? Thanks!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: AE engines
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
I believe they are different - but the added costs aren't that much I believe, as we're talking of engines only.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
Thanks sami for the quick answer. I consider that they are most certainly not in the same class (turboprop and turbofan, a tiny difference there, eh?), but I don't know what to think about them becoming an AE family.
The thing is that if I bring an ERJ, I'll have the added costs of fleet commonality. But if I can save some bucks since the engines are part of the same group, I will consider giving them a go.

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:56:54 AM »
Actually there are many many similarities between turboprop and turbo fan engines.

Regardless, I can't vouch for the AE engines, but I have many engine manufacturers and different types of engines for each, and my commonality costs are still very good. I wouldn't worry about it personally, as the differences are probably only measured in the 10,000-100,000 range or less. Not much as that is per MONTH, not per week, and that definitely should be absorbed by the added aircraft.

To answer your question another way, engine commonality is based on (i think) only 2 aspects: Manufacturers and Model.

Hope that helps.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 07:16:35 AM »
Thanks for that, I actually leased the ERJ and, like you and sami said, even though aeren't in the same family per se they complement each other quite well regarding maintenance costs.
Now just waiting for the 145 to make a reasonable profit in my thinner low-demand routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.