Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hello! I own West Star in MT2 based in TUS...  (Read 984 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Hello! I own West Star in MT2 based in TUS...
« on: July 27, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »
I have found some markets that are pretty good and more to be had. But this airlines profits and losses are just yo-yoing (is that a word?) all day long. Obviously I can't watch it all day. Any ideas? Fuel is up and down constantly as well. At this writing I am doing 10% below default. I have noticed this yo-yo effect before this game (yes its probably me thats the yo-yo and not the game) and so I left it for awhile. I'd like to make this one work. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks all! :)
P.S. DONE with route specific marketing on this one except for the odd one once in awhile. My general marketing is permanent.
P.S.S. Don't all go rushing off to TUS now!!!!! :laugh:

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Hello! I own West Star in MT2 based in TUS...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »
First part of the week you only lose money as everything is being paid for.
Second part of the week will earn you money. (from day 4 to 7)

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
Your planes are old and I also started like you with 737-200Adv but those actually are not so a bad as they seem to be. Anyway, as soon as you can, you should get the 300/400/500 series. You've got there a good airport for a start.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »
Thank you for the advice! Now if I can just get some money accrued, I'll go to the 300-500 series. :)

Offline connorc17

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
Also don't jump on already overcrowded routes thinking that by lowering prices and slapping on frequencies that you'll take business away from a legacy carrier with a high CI and young fleet.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 07:39:58 PM »
Also don't jump on already overcrowded routes thinking that by lowering prices and slapping on frequencies that you'll take business away from a legacy carrier with a high CI and young fleet.
Actually, all my routes (3) had plenty of room. I had to go bankrupt, but started again at the same base, but this time with a 737-300 and a 737-400. I think the -200's were killing me last time with fuel. I'm not one of those that would overcrowd a route unless I'm pretty sure it needs service (Or go in knock down another carrier a few pegs once in awhile, and that has worked more often than it hasn't. Again I don't do that as rule unless I know I can get away with it, LOL)!
Another thing I do is go into a market very stealth-like. No announcements or anything but a simple marketing campaign or two. So I go under the wire, so to speak, and it usually winds up too late for any other carrier to figure out I've started service. All of a sudden I'm just there with a 1/3 market share. ("Where did he come from??") But again, I'm careful about that one.  ;)

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »
If you start a new route, I wouldn't reduce prices. Just keep it all default. It's easier and your route profits will remain the same- just with a slightly lower load factor. The B737-200adv should also be competitive compared to the newer versions, as the leases per month are significantly lower. They are also very prominent in the used aircraft market and thus you can 'search' for the right match (engines, range variants, etc.).

I think there are 2 words to live by: Marketing and Frequency.

And I'm not going to TUS! :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.