Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Scheduling Flights longer than 4000 nm  (Read 1690 times)

unsaid

• Former member
Scheduling Flights longer than 4000 nm
« on: July 26, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
I am looking for a long range plane with 300 or 400 seats for my possible routes from LAX to Europe and Asia. I haven't done any longer routes than 4000 nm before, so I don't even know how to schedule my flights that last longer than a day, can someone help me with that and also type of plane I should lease?

munipandita

• Former member
Re: Scheduling Flights longer than 4000 nm
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:53:34 PM »
normally, you schedule a flight every day.. but when handling long routes, you schedule one by one..

for example...

MONDAY
Departure: 06:00
Arrival (back on your airport): 08:00 (tuesday)

So, the next flight will depart on tuesday 08:00 (or a little later more to avoid delays and cancelations... 08:15 is ok)

Got it?

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
remember that you won't be able to fly 7 days a week.. maximun you get is 6 times a week..and remember to give time for maintenance.

unsaid

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:39:24 PM »
thanks for the advice, can you please attach a print screen of long route scheduling?

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
I am looking for a long range plane with 300 or 400 seats for my possible routes from LAX to Europe and Asia. I haven't done any longer routes than 4000 nm before, so I don't even know how to schedule my flights that last longer than a day, can someone help me with that and also type of plane I should lease?

Unsaid,

There are many strategies to schedule long haul flights that cannot be used on successive days by the same aircraft. The strategy that works best for me is shown in the attached image.  I send each aircraft to multiple destinations and then each successive aircraft flies the same schedule, but off-set to the right by one day.  Eventually 7 aircraft will each cover every destination and each destination will be served every day.

As I said, there are other methods, this one works best for me.

Best Regards

Richard

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:39:19 PM by Riger »

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »
mmm..interesting too

sorry unsaid. actually i am not working with LH routes.. only domestic, this is why i didn't post an image for you..  :-\

Zabuti

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
Hi all

I use another option, because one by one often goes in the middle of the night.

I usually schedule a flight on Mon/Wed/Fri, or similar, and on the second day, I schedule a shorthaul flight (less than 1 500 nm). I take a second plane doing the same thing with one day difference (Tue/Thu/Sat or Sun), and the last day is usually day to day basis.

This way, I usually keep out from higher prices for each new route at airports, and spread two routes between two aircrafts in two days.

Just another way of handling this though...

Kind regards, have a great game !

Hugamuga

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
as far as aircraft go i would recommend used a330s of the used market...

i have 4 of them and they are making me plenty of money on routes 4000-5000nm if you put them in to a configuration of over 300 pax they are extremely profitable, the relatively low maintenance costs and the low fuel consumption even on the more aged aircraft (15+ years) is excellent

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 12:42:26 AM »
Hi all

I use another option, because one by one often goes in the middle of the night.

I usually schedule a flight on Mon/Wed/Fri, or similar, and on the second day, I schedule a shorthaul flight (less than 1 500 nm). I take a second plane doing the same thing with one day difference (Tue/Thu/Sat or Sun), and the last day is usually day to day basis. 

This way, I usually keep out from higher prices for each new route at airports, and spread two routes between two aircrafts in two days.

Just another way of handling this though...

Kind regards, have a great game !

The only problem with this method is that you can't fly a plane on your 7th day (Sunday in your example).  You could fly your shorthaul route, but then you're doubling supply for the weekends, which doesn't have much demand in the first place.  You would also lose LF to any competitor if he was able to fly 7x per week.

I wish there was a way to model this in the game, as it is a very simple way of doing long-haul, but with an odd-numbered week as the basis for our scheduling, it isn't the most efficient.

The best method is using 7 planes with 7 routes each when possible.

-Matt

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.