Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: how do I scrap my aircrafts?  (Read 1777 times)

Sandager

• Former member
how do I scrap my aircrafts?
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »
 So I have som aircrafts I am trying lease out. Not the best situation in this market with fewer and fewer participants.
 I was wondering. Can't I scrap my aircrafts. Send them to the junkyard? If yes, how do I do that?

Offline Kazari

• Members
Re: how do I scrap my aircrafts?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:47:47 PM »
When they are older than 20 the scrap option will appear on the aircraft screen.

If you can't do that yet, you can offer them for sale and just ignore them. You won't have to pay maintenance on them.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
Older than X years, or condition lower than Y% ...  what x and y were, cannot remember off the top of my head. But you will then see the scrap button, next to sell button.

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:05:16 AM »
Thanks Kazari and Sami for the answers

Offline Laama

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 05:43:35 AM »
I just got one of my planes back from a lessee and it was in really bad shape, the repairs would cost over 15 million, so I would love to scrap it. The condition is now only 18%, but I still can't scrap it I guess that depends now on the age since it's 7 years old?

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 07:23:14 AM »
well my Fokkers that have terminated leases can be scrapped now despite 100% condition and new C/D checks because they're over 15 years old. I'm trying to sell or lease them still though at bargain prices so we'll see if they end up in the desert or not.

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:36 AM »
I just got one of my planes back from a lessee and it was in really bad shape, the repairs would cost over 15 million, so I would love to scrap it. The condition is now only 18%, but I still can't scrap it I guess that depends now on the age since it's 7 years old?

Is that allowed to do? returning a leased aircraft with 18%? That means a huge risk as as owner you have no influence what so ever to check and track what is being done to your aircraft!

Stoffel

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
Is that allowed to do? returning a leased aircraft with 18%? That means a huge risk as as owner you have no influence what so ever to check and track what is being done to your aircraft!

Stoffel

Yes, you can do that - abuse and exploit the leasing system - without punishment or cost.  I think I am the only one who has been complaining about it:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,25057.0.html

It got a [-] meaning it will not be changed.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.