Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: a question for the experts  (Read 1525 times)

carloscarlos

• Former member
a question for the experts
« on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
please forgive my ignorance, but if id want to set up a 2nd hub in an airport such as Newark, kewr, would it be possible!?
im just kinda confused on this 2nd hub thing.
thanks

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: a question for the experts
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »
Please read the manual chapter on this matter, it should explain most of the things.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »
In ATB I opened up a hub at Newark, so I think this will possible in Jet Age, too.

Edit:
Tested and yes, it is possible to open a hub at Newark. Currently costs are 4.36 Million Dollar plus 40-50% increase of your overall staff costs.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »
Newark must just be under the top 20 busiest airport rating, as I see the airline at JFK has set up there with you.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 05:21:29 AM »
EWR is the biggest US airport you can set up at before hitting the top 20.

Since the new hub system, it has greatly lost its value as a first choice for HQ because of the above  ;)

- Talentz

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 06:35:30 AM »
hi everyone.

i understand that the top 20 airports are out of the 2nd hub option. is it right!?
well if so, how can some1 explain me how can you open a 2nd hub in kwer!? i am not complaining or moaning, just seeking clarification. in ja2 im based in newark, when you look at the aiports list, kewr is in the top 10, even though, if some1 wants, they can still open a 2nd base there. the reason of this comment is very simple, i ha decided to create a regional airline, newark would be a good place to start, dealing only with the players that started there as a 1st base. considering that the top 20 hubs would be out of reach of the sharks, newark would be a good option. i have a competitor there that, arrived and swooped all the slots...me being a small regional carrier forget it.
my query is, how come you start a 2nd hub in newark if it is in the top 10 airports!?

thanks

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 06:39:30 AM »
edit: EWR is Top 17 in Whoel world list so Im curious too.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 07:30:05 AM »
edit: EWR is Top 17 in Whoel world list so Im curious too.

It places 19 in the list in MT2 and ATB.  My guess is that it's a hard coded list of airports, and it's the 20 largest airports in the database.  However, not all 20 of those are open at the same time.

CDG and DFW aren't open in Jet Age yet for example.  Also later on you've got the replacement of Stapleton in Denver, Kai Tak in Hong Kong, and Don Muang in Bangkok.

MunMaRu

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »
It places 19 in the list in MT2 and ATB.  My guess is that it's a hard coded list of airports, and it's the 20 largest airports in the database.  However, not all 20 of those are open at the same time.

CDG and DFW aren't open in Jet Age yet for example.  Also later on you've got the replacement of Stapleton in Denver, Kai Tak in Hong Kong, and Don Muang in Bangkok.

and Jakarta-Soekarno–Hatta International Airport It's open on 1985

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »
uhm...seems no1 knows the answer... :-[

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »
i have a competitor there that, arrived and swooped all the slots...me being a small regional carrier forget it.
thanks

It says you currently control 883 slots(35.92%). While your closest competitor controls 364 Slots(14%). I don't think he "swooped all the slots" from ya.

If all the slots are gone in an airport, then you need to open a base at another airport.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:30 AM »
I saw this just because of your quote  ;D

You mean your "small regional" airline that flys over the Atlantic to Europe? And competes with me at the route Los Angeles <-> Newark?  ;D

Ok ok, serious. I'm running a very small regional airline, too!  ;)

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
I'm flying a regional airline too. But maybe not so small... ;D

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »
You're right. On a good day I can even walk from one end of Japan to the other!  ;D

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »
as said b4 im not complaining, just seeking clarifcation...on the top 20 airport issue. you are the ones trying to find something else. if not constructive, id rather not get any posts, sorry!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.