Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Considering going as a Leasing company only  (Read 1254 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Considering going as a Leasing company only
« on: July 05, 2010, 11:48:50 PM »
Okay, I have always wondered this in-game. 

I have many new planes on order.  Ones players will want.  All of them will be clean of checks and have good seating in them for all to immediately enjoy.

Close all of my routes.  Lease out all planes.

I would have to FIRE my entire staff and have a CI of something awful (But, if I am no longer flying, why would that matter).

I want to see if someone in one of these longer games can be viable only being a plane lessor. 

Your thoughts?

-Swift

Offline TK1244

• Members
Re: Considering going as a Leasing company only
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:20:42 AM »
Hm... Sounds interesting... I wish you good luck with it if you are going to continue this plan. I can become one of your first customers if you will offer Embraer E195s for lease, since I can't order many of them in one order. Will hear from you if you're interested.
TK Regional

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 02:05:54 AM »
It would be INCREDIBLY boring. All you would do is to check if your planes have arrived and then put them on the market.

There is a way to do it! Set up your airline and start buying planes from alliance members to random ones on the used market and re-sell them at a higher price or lease them out. It is what I have started doing. :)
Founder of the Star Alliance!

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
I'm planning to do this also, in Jet Age 2. I can't expand anymore due to slots problems and I got more than 100 BAC, DC8, B727-200 and NAMC YS-11 on order. I'll lease all them out.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »
I am not doing this due to a lack of slots.  I am doing this to see if this game is actually more profitable as a leasing company.

Someone needs to do this at some point.  If it is more profitable, be damned with the boredom that the game presents. 

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
I think it will be quiet profitable. At least it boost your CV. You own that plane and it is in your CV (even though it depreciates over time) and you got extra income from the lease. 'Extra income' here doesn't means more than income from flights but at least you get pure income because maintenance will be on the operator of the planes. :)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »
Be careful with that GDK, many airlines will dump a plane on you needing a D Check.  You will always need to keep some cash on hand.  However, many airlines also dump a plane right before its last C Check... They'd rather pay 2 million to turn a plane in that needs a C check costing 600k.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »
I am not doing this due to a lack of slots.  I am doing this to see if this game is actually more profitable as a leasing company.

Someone needs to do this at some point.  If it is more profitable, be damned with the boredom that the game presents.  

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,18774.0.html

There's some very useful info from lastchancer here about halfway down the thread, as he did it in DOTM from Cairo :)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
In my experience leasing companies won't work.

Maybe this is with 1.2 and the longer delivery times different from the past, but still your aircraft have to be leased nearly 24/7 and you must hope for some you must pay C and D-Checks.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »
Yea. The C & D Checks hurt... :-\

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.