Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance Spam  (Read 1315 times)

Offline LoonyToony

• Members
Alliance Spam
« on: July 04, 2010, 08:05:11 PM »
Is it normal for any random alliance (I won't be saying names here) to just randomly invite people?

Personally I find it very unpolite to get invited to an alliance without any information or invitation in my mail box, while, if one could read the forum, it would be obvious that I am already signed in for an alliance?

Please people have the decency to at least communicate before inviting people randomly.

Thank you.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Alliance Spam
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »
It's a fairly common practice to just issue invites without prior communication.  At one time or another, I've been in just about every major Alliance in the game, and they've all done it at some point.

Just say "Decline" if you're not interested.  Or if you want to "get back at them" for the apparent inconvenient, ignore it altogether.  Because a pending invite takes away their ability to send an invite out as well as takes away a slot.  And you can sit on it for up to a year I think.

Offline LoonyToony

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Well then let this count as a warning for those people out there doing it. Call me a snob but I'm pretty fond of manners and randomly inviting people does not show much proof of that does it?

That's all I really want to say about it.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
Personally, I don't see the difference between a PM that says "Would you like to join our Alliance" and an automated system message that says "So-and-so has invited you to join their Alliance".  If anything, the latter is a lot easier to respond to -- you simply click "Decline".

But to each their own.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »
Well then let this count as a warning for those people out there doing it. Call me a snob but I'm pretty fond of manners and randomly inviting people does not show much proof of that does it?

That's all I really want to say about it.

Eh, it only gets irritating when they resend the invite a couple of times after you decline.  That said, I've always made it a point to send PMs when I've been an alliance mod.

The reverse is much more irritating however.  Removing someone from an alliance without even letting them know why is just wrong.  >:(  Not that it was really that hard to figure out since they turned around and invited my local competition to join right afterward.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:56:08 AM »
Its happened to me twice, but I just declined to invitations I didn't want or need. No big deal to me.

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 05:02:18 AM »
Agreed

No big deal, just a game mate. :P

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »
hey btw. how about adding a small freetext message field with invitations?

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
That would be a nice thing to have. I copy/paste alot of invites to players.

I don't hold a high opinion of randomly inviting players into an Alliance. I have and will continue to take the time to personally invite someone into the Alliance I belong too.

Just a difference of opinions I guess.

- Talentz

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
I agree with Talentz here.  

I think it would be a nice touch to add an alliance description, but I too currently exchange PMs before sending invites unless the airline has been a regular alliance member before.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.