Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel Query  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Fuel Query
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:54:06 AM »
Well, this is the first time I've played a game in this age and given the low cost of fuel can we ignore fuel burn more than the newer games where fuel prices are much higher.

I'm trying to keep fleet commonality down and I'm replacing my Convair with one of the HS 748s on order and if I order a Trident to replace the DC-6B I will have a fleet of two groups from the same manufacturer both using RR engines but the Trident has a 4x higher fuel burn. Is it worth aiming for that rather that a low fuel burner?

Offline raptorva

• Members
Re: Fuel Query
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »
from what I've seen, engine commonality doesn't much affect costs as much as having aircraft of different types

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:11:24 AM »
No, I know that but what I'm asking is.

If I buy the Trident to replace the DC-6B I will have a fleet of only Hawker Siddeley aircraft powered by RR engines but is it worth buying something with a lower fuel burn than the Trident and sacrificing that fleet commonality boost?

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
depends on the number of Tridents you already have and how many fleet types you already have in service. I have 2 fleet types right now so I can choose other types if I wish without severely affecting commonality. If you have less than four types, choose the more fuel efficient type of course.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
At the end of the day it turns out the Trident is the best as for the capacity I am after it can be got the quickest and has one of the lowest fuel burns.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »
Tridents are perfect if you are based in the middle of a country, like Atlanta or Dallas, which destinations all around you.

Also I'm sure you can use all aircraft till the 70s when the oil crisis will affect.

netforce

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »

Also I'm sure you can use all aircraft till the 70s when the oil crisis will affect.

Ssssh!   Lets not talk about the oil crisis!  fuel will forever stay at <40 and everyone will rake in cash as happy elfs..   or at least that is a ideal scenario, in reality loads of airlines will BK :(

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 12:23:34 AM »
and odds are, my Tu-124's will take a battering if I still have them then.
I plan on replacing those with Tu-134's which are better on fuel and slightly larger.
Not sure about my Il-14's though

netforce

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »
It sucks for me, since I am #32 globally in fuel consumption - but I only have 2 handfuls of planes...

I have to fix that before fuel prices shoot up.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.