Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: CEO in need of help and answers :D  (Read 657 times)

• Former member
CEO in need of help and answers :D
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:58:08 AM »
Good Morning,

Just a few questions.... I initally started my airline in Liverpool however due to large airlines, was unable to get substanial routes from this base. I was doing some research, and found that Blackpool was a good smallish base to use. It is also my local airport so looked at using this as well and from the graph which says a set % domestic, short haul and intl.... I thought it was a good base, and moved there.

However when I have come to set my airline/routes up im having problems finding suitable demand for passengers, as it only seems to be 20 people for the popular routes. Also Blackpool currently serves several routes from a low cost airline in real life and this isnt reflected in the game demand scenario.
Can you also tell me or where i can get a list of the routes which the % is taken from ie long haul from Blackpool

Now i appriciate that you are unable to track demands for every airport world wide but was wondering if there was a way to make this increase. Also the opening times and slot availability is wrong as well.... The airport does close later than 9pm, but i was wondering if you could maybe include a freight aspect into it, so that the airlines that have airports which are closed, are able to be contracted out to companies for freight and therefore haveing a form of income?? Or maybe introducing pricing on board for food and entertainment etc??

Please help CEO very frustrated lol

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: CEO in need of help and answers :D
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

First off, the freight and onboard services have been talked about before many, many, times.  Basically, Sami - the chief (and only, as far as I know) developer of AirwaySim - has said the coding would be too hard.  So it would be in the distant future if either was implemented.  The demand is not city by city, but rather airport by airport.  A small airport (like Blackpool) should have larger demand to bigger nearby airports. Have you tried the demand to Heathrow?  Charles-DeGaulle (forgive me if I spelled it wrong)?  Blackpool is quite a small airport by AirwaySim standards.  Also, the real life demand may be less than you think it is.  Low Cost Carriers often create extra demand, because people are willing to go anywhere if it is cheap enough.  Personally, I never use the percentage graph.  If an airport has a demand of 8 domestic, and 2 short-haul international, the graph will be the same as 8,000,000 and 2,000,000.  A much more reliable indicator of a base's demand is checking out a flight from the airport in consideration to the largest airport on the continent.  If the demand is less than 300, don't bother:  The base will probably only support 10 medium-sized aircraft.  Choose a base that's got at least 50% passenger numbers (the color bar under route planning is half full).

Hope this helps.  :)

• Former member
Re: CEO in need of help and answers :D
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:49:05 AM »
Firstly mate welcome to AWS.

This the best sim you can find in the entire universe. Game still lacks few features (cargo, detailed inflight packages etc etc) but as a new player, go through the manual and try to start a small but decent airline. Blackpool is very small. Liverpool is good. I ran my company from there in  Euro challenge which just ended few days ago. I had a fleet of 45 aircrafts (A319/320 and Dash8s).

First few times you may get frustarted but everytime you start a airline do something diff and keep the airline small, simple and easy to navigate.

few Imp tips:
*Go for medium size airports (not very big, not very small), always check opening times before you choose your base.
*Dont go by your heart, Use your mind
*Fleet commnality V.V.Imp especially when you just start a airline and trying to grow. be carefull of classics and NG's (this kills many players)
*Whether you lease 1 or 5 aircrafts fixed costs do exsist (office rent, loans, bills etc, loan repayments etc etc), so have a decent fleet before you start saving
   up money and try to build ur fleet.
*Do not start  million routes at once, pick which route has the highest  demand and max that route out or have a few frequncies in just few big demand airports.
*Try to keep your plane less on ground and more in the air. Remember 00:00-05:00 flying does not earn you much money, have a look and
     decide whether to fly or park the aircraft.

This is all I can think as of now (its 04:45am and at work), please feel free to ask questions, or even PM , we are all here to help and support. Good luck and all the best mate

Once again welcome to AWS.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:52:24 AM by V.Castelino »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.