Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: The experiment begins  (Read 1527 times)

Offline raptorva

• Members
The experiment begins
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:22:14 AM »
Zwischenflug Airlines, based in East Germany flying only russian types to primarily eastern bloc countries only.
Will have to use this game scenario to try this as there are no Eastern-bloc only games.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: The experiment begins
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:44:07 AM »
In a Jet Age game?

I know it's Custom fuel tables, but they're usually not entirely random, just played around with.

If the game has anything even remotely resembling a "Fuel Crisis" as the previous JA games have, your game will end very, very quickly.

Hopefully the fact that the game is rated "Medium" rather than Hard or Very Hard will help you out.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:52:18 AM »
yeah, I was in the last JA game for a while.
Deliberately doing this as I have a successful large airline in MT2 and want a challenge, this seems perfect. Hopefully fuel prices remain low for now

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:43:31 PM »
Zwischenflug Airlines, based in East Germany flying only russian types to primarily eastern bloc countries only.
Will have to use this game scenario to try this as there are no Eastern-bloc only games.
Having an eastern-bloc only game sounds very limiting. It might work but my gut says it wouldn't last long. I dunno. :-\

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 07:56:36 PM »
On second thought, maybe it would work with about 150-200 players. If the game were pre-Berlin Wall-Fall , it could be limiting because alot of those carriers couldn't offer much. It's food for thought though, definetly.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 12:12:34 AM »
yeah, I was thinking it could work similar to the EU challenge, limit countries to those of Eastern Bloc/Friendly to USSR and have only Russian airliners available. It would be quite interesting to force people to use aircraft they usually write off as being appalling which they are compared to western types but in their conditions, they are great. For example my Tu-124's right now are doing well

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 12:52:33 AM »
I would find it quite interesting actually. I had some YAK-42's in one game and they did pretty well for what I using them for. :)

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »
yeah, the aircraft are good if you use them for what they were intended. Most Russian airliners were designed to fly from Headquarters to the numerous small strips operating an aerial bus service as they were the only means of transport available, hence Tupolev and Antonov aircraft are commonly combi arrangements to carry everything into strips that would scare off Western pilots. A russian jet was built robust so it could be maintained by inexperienced crews in the middle of nowhere and the early jets (Like my Tu-124's) have braking parachutes for those smaller strips.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.