Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Just curious. Have we ever had Lockheed Constellations...  (Read 1732 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Just curious. Have we ever had Lockheed Constellations...
« on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »
in an airwaysim scenario. Seems like a natural for this one. Just wondered.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Just curious. Have we ever had Lockheed Constellations...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:33:48 AM »
It's not in the database yet, Comet is missing too. I have the data but wasn't added yet.

jamestbailey

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:13:21 PM »
Are you going to model the Comets falling out of the sky too?  ;)

highlander1715

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:05:50 PM »
I must admit that I was hoping to see some of the missing types in this most recent version of the Jet Age, Canadair Northstars with their four Rolls Royce Merlin engines,  the Breguets and of course the Connies.  Perhaps the next time.

As for Jimbos comment let us not forget the loss of life associated with these disasters but in the case of the Comet, the first jet powered commercial airliner, the enormously important lessons learned about metal fatigue and the shape of airliner windows, and metallurgical developments that were made in a period of post-war austerity.

Kindest regards,

Graham

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »
I would love to see those in the games, sami!!!! The Constellations were so beautiful and great capacity as time went on and they stretched and made improvements. Maybe stick to Comet 4's though? LOL! :laugh:
P.S. Could you guess I'm a Lockheed fan? ;)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 07:41:21 PM »
I must admit that I was hoping to see some of the missing types in this most recent version of the Jet Age, Canadair Northstars with their four Rolls Royce Merlin engines,  the Breguets and of course the Connies.  Perhaps the next time.

As for Jimbos comment let us not forget the loss of life associated with these disasters but in the case of the Comet, the first jet powered commercial airliner, the enormously important lessons learned about metal fatigue and the shape of airliner windows, and metallurgical developments that were made in a period of post-war austerity.

Kindest regards,

Graham
Thats true. Thats why I thought IF sami does introduce Comets, use only the Comet 4 model. :-\

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
I really can't add them mid-game due to the production line dynamics, but perhaps for the next early era world then.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 12:54:48 AM »
I really can't add them mid-game due to the production line dynamics, but perhaps for the next early era world then.
That would be great!!!! I didn't think you could do it this soon anyway. But will look forward to the time when we can. :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 04:38:20 AM »
You know I just thought of two other aircraft that saw heavy duty in North America. That was the Convair 580 and 600. Maybe add to the next older era game as well? ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.