Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Aircraft Delivery Spots  (Read 3234 times)

ual777

• Former member
New Aircraft Delivery Spots
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
Just wondering how the delivery slots for new aircraft orders are determined. I ordered 2 new 727s and they have delivery in August 1966 while a competitor just ordered 2 and has deliveries in late 1965. Doesn't seem right . . .

Thanks

Kontio

• Former member
Re: New Aircraft Delivery Spots
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
Did the competition order the -100 version whereas you ordered the -200 version?

ual777

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »
Ah yes. That must be what it is. Looking at the delivery spots it is difficult to tell which type is available when.

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:53:48 AM »
I have been requesting an option to actually "choose" an open spot in other games.      In my case it wasnt always for hunting the early  spots, but for a coordinated fleetchange matching terminating leases.   So far no joy :-)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »
I have been requesting an option to actually "choose" an open spot in other games.      In my case it wasnt always for hunting the early  spots, but for a coordinated fleetchange matching terminating leases.   So far no joy :-)

You can do this now, in a way.

Just order way more than you need.  It'll give you every possible spot you can.  Then you can select "Skip this Order" on the ones you don't want.  In that way you can only take delivery on the days that you want to, whether that be an order that starts 24 months from now, or maybe one every 3 months, or whatever.

It's a tiny bit more time-consuming in that you actually have to pick the days you don't want a delivery rather than just the ones you do, but it works just fine. 

There is the slight chance of orders slipping though if someone cancels.  That part sucks.  But orders don't move around too much.

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
sorry to possibly waste your time, but:  where ist the "skip this order" function hidden???   Cant find it so far.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
Aircraft on Order -> the model you want to skip -> the red X

But the order must be >10 month in the future.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »
Aircraft on Order -> the model you want to skip -> the red X

But the order must be >10 month in the future.

Well, you can do it that way, but then you've lost half your down payment on it.  Which isn't terribly smart.

You can skip an order even before you place it...

When you place an order, after selecting the model and the financing, it then gives you a price-sheet as well as an Order Detail.  On the order detail screen you can adjust each plane you're taking delivery of.  So, if you place an order for 20 planes, you can have the first 10 have one engine and the next 10 have a different engine, or whatever you want.  One of the options is to "Skip / Do Not Order This" and it's under, oddly enough, the "Model" dropdown.  Instead of picking a model you want, just pick "Skip / Do Not Order This".

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »
Sorry haven't read the previous post.

Sigma is right.

Shouldn't hang around the forums and answer if a new game world starts in some minutes  :-\

Dashek

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
Thanks Sigma, finally even I got it :-)     

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.