Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Ability to charge Y prices for C class as upgrades...  (Read 990 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
[-] Ability to charge Y prices for C class as upgrades...
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:54:45 AM »
where demand for C is near non existent. I searched the forums and didn't see anything in there that addressed that question, although it might have become too old a topic. Anyway, I have a couple of routes where C class is really not needed on one route but I need to keep it for another route that does. I'm trying to charge the same as the Y class fare but no movement or increase to speak of just to fill the empty seats. I honestly did search the forums and came up with nothing on this particular subject. Any chance this will be able to be accomplished sometime soon? Thank you, sami. ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:19:42 PM by sami »

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Ability to charge Y prices for C class as upgrades...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:29:46 AM »
Soon? no.
Able to accomplish? Think it is

I think this is a nice one when the complete fare and seat type stucture of the game will get it's "D" check. During that process fares and seat types should be more an issue for passengers, So you can operate an AC with say 6 seat types in it and have 6 fares for a flight.

Some might say it's micro management... But we already have 3 seat types in game today so a few more wouldn't be that hard for 90% of the players I think.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »
Maarten, its obvious you didn't understand the question. Just leave it for sami to answer. He knows what I mean.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:46:53 PM »
Paxes do not really upgrade with the current model, they DO to some extent but not so much that you could fill 30 C seats when estimated C demand is zero, even with ridiculously low prices. This is actually an open bug report too..

But plan is to improve it later so that pax is not so class-fixed but rather look for best seat+price+service combination.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »
Yeah my goal is just to get the seats occupied even if its at discounted coach fare. Anyway, thanks for addressing this sami.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 01:49:46 AM »
But plan is to improve it later so that pax is not so class-fixed but rather look for best seat+price+service combination.

Oh boy, can't wait for that day so I can rape everyone!!

-Talentz  :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
Just remember rape is an act of violence, not sex. Anyway... ::)

Offline Minto Typhoon

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »

Perhaps an easier way around this for the programmers is to permit 'overbooking' in Y, and the pax sit in 'C' - just like what happens in reality.

I have a number of routes with a weekly 94% load factor in Y, but less than 20% in C. It makes sense for the airline to sell those empty seven seats at economy fares.   

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.