Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Are all ultra long haul routes unprofitable?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline fauzi

• Members
Are all ultra long haul routes unprofitable?
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:28:48 AM »
Hey guys. I started a couple of 8500nm-10000nm routes that have high demand using the B77L, but I noticed that none of the planes are making any profit! Is this the case with everyone? I think the only way to make a profit out of them is only if you own the plane, and that would only give you about $200k profit.  :-\

Pinky

• Former member
Re: Are all ultra long haul routes unprofitable?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:33:07 AM »
Thanks for posting this. I was looking to do some "ultra long haul" routes my self, and was  wondering if they where profitable before starting them.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:27 AM »
They are real tough to make money on. Need strong C/J to make it work. Y is 80% LF at best.

My LRs make around 500k a week. They are owned as well.

- Talentz

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
remember, you will only get 4 flights a week in ultra long flights.  How much money can be made when you are only sitting 8 butts in a seat in an entire week?

Offline TFC1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »
The trick here is to only include 1 or 2 ultra-long range routes and combine them with shorter routes to balance the usage of the aircraft. If you run a 7 day rotational schedule, that is  :)

Offline fauzi

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 05:08:59 AM »
The trick here is to only include 1 or 2 ultra-long range routes and combine them with shorter routes to balance the usage of the aircraft. If you run a 7 day rotational schedule, that is  :)

yeah i just figurred that out too. if my planes are doing solely ULH routes, then thats 4 flights a week, making about 900k. lease itself is about 700k. so with multiple flights and only 1 ULH route per plane, i'm making about 2mil! good good idea  ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.