Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Routing Question  (Read 755 times)

Offline JonnyAngel

• Members
Routing Question
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:57:29 AM »
Question for all,

Maybe I'm dense  ;D but I've been trying and trying and haven't been able to figure this particular problem out. Okay, so I have a route that I started with a turboprop, that now I want to transition to using a jet aircraft on. Because of the turprops range limit, a technical stop was required. The jet has better range, so that techstop is no longer necessary.

Now - here's the rub. Normally, I would just change the aircraft type and reassign the route to the newly acquired plane. BUT when I go into edit the route, I am finding that I can't delete the techstop.

So the question is whether or not I have to replan the route (and open a new nonstop route), and in that case, what happens to my route image - because I've been flying that route for a while now. Its not at 100, but its gotten pretty high and would hate to have start over on the route at 0 again.

If it is the case that we do have to replan routes in this type of scenario, @sami, could this be one of the features you look at for future updates - the option to remove technical stops from an existing route?

thoughts?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Routing Question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »
Yes you gotta "reopen" the route. Delete old first but do not check the "release slots ..." box or otherwise you need to pay for the slots again. Then just reopen the route with same dep.time without techstop.

Offline JonnyAngel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 12:50:04 PM »
Thanks Sami. And once, I don't check the 'release slots' box, when I reopen, I won't be starting again from scratch (i.e. Route Image won't go back to 0)?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »
Even if you close the route completely and release slots the route image stays. If you don't fly the route again ever it will start to drop slowly back to zero. (so if you resume service after one month it will pick up from something like 75, if it was originally 100..).  So route image is completely different from individual routes or slots.

The slot tip was just to save money, since you will use the existing slots in departure airport at least. (not at arrival though as it's a faster trip)

Offline JonnyAngel

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »
Great to know, Sami. Thanks much!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.