Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Player capacity too high  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Tiberius

• Members
Re: Player capacity too high
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 06:52:42 AM »
Well there was an airline that started in Denver three years after the game world started, and he got up to top market share and had a very positive value before he randomly bankrupted (for whatever reason, but it wasn't failure).  But if you had looked at Denver at the point he started you would have said all the good routes are taken, but he flew longer range routes with 130-200 people and had plenty of success.  Just because a route with 300 demand has 250 seats supplied doesn't mean you can't drop a 737 on there and make good profits...and there have been a few large bankruptcy's lately (one in particular that I can't mention because I will probably hub there), and I've looked at those cities (not top 10-15 in US i think), and there is plenty of demand for one 737 a day.  s***, I fly 737's on routes with 80 demand and make money...I say keep looking and be patient.

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »
 Fewer players will just lead to fewer airliners with more bases and these airliners will be bigger. the result is, no change.

There are plenty of airports to start up at. As I have written earlier these are not LHR, FRA, LAX or JFK. And if you expect routes and cosutmer to served to you on a silverplate, well then to bad. This is a game. You have to work for your airline to be succesfull.
 I just had a look at VGZR, Dhaka. One airline based there with just on Fairchild aircraft. out of Dhaka there are plenty of underserved markets with a huge potential. There are also routes unserved as of now. It looks like an interesting place to start up. But then again, if you expect to jump in at one of the big airports, do nothing to build up your airline. then this is just not a game for you.

I find it to be much more a joy to operateout of a small airport with a limited costumerbase. It is more difficult but more fun as well

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »
 Wow, looks like this is getting heated. As for the arguement that fewer will be better, no way. Example as GDK was trying to use.
 If there are A/B/C/D/E/F/G competitors at the same HQ to start the game and A is experienced he will have a more difficult time than if only A/B are based there as he will only have to kill of 1 competitor and this will happen fast and is therefore worse for the inexperienced players who should watch what the best player at thier base is doing so they might learn from them. If there are the full 7 it will take much longer an A will have to concentrate on eliminating the rivals rather than purely on expansion and will be vulnerable to others flying into his/her HQ limiting growth further.  

By logical thinking, killing 1 competitor is easier and faster than eliminating 6 competitors. But does it really apply to AWS? Based on what I saw, no. As I said, if there is only A and B, both of them grow fast and harder for A to kill B. And, the number of competitor does not really affect the big boy who know what plane is the best, what route is the best, what frequency is the best, on that airports. They prepared all the data and they just do it the same way at the beginning of the game no matter it is a 300 or 500 player game. Competition only happens when they have fill up the unmet demand and squeeze themselves into the same route. And this definitely occur late in a small game.

Why don't sami make some game 300 player, some 150 player and some 500 players? So we just join either 1 of them, join the one you like.

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
By logical thinking, killing 1 competitor is easier and faster than eliminating 6 competitors. But does it really apply to AWS? Based on what I saw, no. As I said, if there is only A and B, both of them grow fast and harder for A to kill B. And, the number of competitor does not really affect the big boy who know what plane is the best, what route is the best, what frequency is the best, on that airports. They prepared all the data and they just do it the same way at the beginning of the game no matter it is a 300 or 500 player game. Competition only happens when they have fill up the unmet demand and squeeze themselves into the same route. And this definitely occur late in a small game.

Why don't sami make some game 300 player, some 150 player and some 500 players? So we just join either 1 of them, join the one you like.
  Again if it's just A and B and A is more experienced he/she will be trying to kill B straight off and B will not grow big as A will be using thier experience to prevent that and then be able to kill B. I speak from direct experience in ATB so it does apply to AWS. In ATB I started at YYZ along with 6 others and it took over 3 years to knock off all 6, if I only had to kill 1 it would have been less than 1 year to have it to myself and be able to expand at will much earlier.
  I think Sami designs game world player amounts by total world area and available passenger demand. So I would guess that Jet Age will be a smaller number of players but it definately will not be easier because of this as WE will fighting for fewer passengers. If you are loking for easier game worlds that was what Beginers World and the free trial were, and experience provided there should make us all capable of existing in the other worlds. If all you want to do is run with the big boys as a large airline you will continue to fail until you Gain some of the skills to get you there. In our world if you were to be put on the pitch at the world cup how would you do? Set realistic expectations and you will achieve them and move up to the minors then semi pro and to the top fairly quickly as it is a steep learning curve in AWS
 Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:28:50 PM by psw231 »

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »
I started MT2 under 3 game years ago. Today I decided that I'm totally bored with the game as it's only mechanical add routes to new aircraft. It was quite fun for the first 30 aircraft.

ps I fly 727/737s and 767s

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »
I started MT2 under 3 game years ago. Today I decided that I'm totally bored with the game as it's only mechanical add routes to new aircraft. It was quite fun for the first 30 aircraft.

ps I fly 727/737s and 767s

Sorry but that makes me  ;D

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 11:56:19 PM »
So we saw different things in AWS....

Yukis

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 09:56:58 AM »
Same situation here . I just came in again and found that i have no route to fly due to no airport slot  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.