In-flight Services???

Started by willvone, June 22, 2010, 01:38:39 PM

willvone

Maybe this topic has been brought up before, but is there any plan to work in inflight services into the game??? Such as Audio/visual systems on seats, whether food and drinks are served, and so forth.... I think this would add another level of realism to the sim. Anyone else think this would be a good idea??? Thanks.

SACEO

Quote from: willvone on June 22, 2010, 01:38:39 PM
Maybe this topic has been brought up before, but is there any plan to work in inflight services into the game??? Such as Audio/visual systems on seats, whether food and drinks are served, and so forth.... I think this would add another level of realism to the sim. Anyone else think this would be a good idea??? Thanks.

It has been brought up before and I agree that this will add a really neat element to the game.  I am sure this will eventually be incorporated but I don't know that Sami has ever given a timeframe for that.

Options that could be considered might be:

Seating Surfaces (fabric or leather on a class-by-class basis)
Mixed-class seating (having both standard and premium economy on the same aircraft, for example)
Meal service (maybe 4 or 5 options ranging from "beverage only" to "full meal w/wine")
Audio/Visual Entertainment packages (maybe 3 or 4 options from "none" to "supreme")
Priority/Club Member services (arrival/departure lounges)

... etc

L1011fan

I think to begin with, if thats what you want to do, it better be as simple as possible.
For instance you purchase packages A, B, C, all of which include different levels of service components included in ONE bundle. The more you want, the higher the price for the bundled amenities. Then choose the bundled amenity package you want when opening the route and pay for the bundle at that time. But to go in a pick one thing here and one thing there in the beginning (a la carte) seems as though it would take some doing and wouldn't happen for quite some time. There is so much else that needs fine tuning first just in my humble opinion. sami...correct me if I'm wrong, and I'd love to see it, but I don't see that happening for awhile.
P.S. The other thing that might work to get started sooner is to choose what type of carrier you are. For example:
An LCC carrier automatically has soft drinks, alcohol for purchase and small packaged snacks.
A full service carrier might have all that plus hot meal service appropriate to time of day (more upgraded depending on class), seatback entertainment, free liquor in all classes on overseas flights etc, etc, etc...
I just don't see what you're proposing is going very quick nor easy to implement. We already can have mixed class seating, you just have to configurate the seating when you get the plane.

SACEO

Quote from: L1011fan on June 22, 2010, 04:03:41 PM
I think to begin with, if thats what you want to do, it better be as simple as possible.
For instance you purchase packages A, B, C, all of which include different levels of service components included in ONE bundle. The more you want, the higher the price for the bundled amenities. Then choose the bundled amenity package you want when opening the route and pay for the bundle at that time. But to go in a pick one thing here and one thing there in the beginning (a la carte) seems as though it would take some doing and wouldn't happen for quite some time. There is so much else that needs fine tuning first just in my humble opinion. sami...correct me if I'm wrong, and I'd love to see it, but I don't see that happening for awhile.
P.S. The other thing that might work to get started sooner is to choose what type of carrier you are. For example:
An LCC carrier automatically has soft drinks, alcohol for purchase and small packaged snacks.
A full service carrier might have all that plus hot meal service appropriate to time of day (more upgraded depending on class), seatback entertainment, free liquor in all classes on overseas flights etc, etc, etc...
I just don't see what you're proposing is going very quick nor easy to implement. We already can have mixed class seating, you just have to configurate the seating when you get the plane.

Not at the top of the priorities list, I'm sure, but it would be neat to implement this in one fashion or another.

As far as the mixed class seating - what I mean is the ability to have both standard and premium economy on the same a/c.  Right now you must choose one or another, but you can't have both.